Originally Posted By sr4440
Originally Posted By hemicar1971
Ran the 110 Pump back when that was all you could get, for a while and it did drop in different locations on a pass. I also ran a very big line and big filter with no kinks and slow curves in the line up to the regulator that was beside the Carbs. Being a stick car with a violent leave I knew I needed more pump. I would spend the money on it once and buy a better pump. There are a lot of fuel pumps that do a much better job than the 110 Pump and are not that much more money. Usually a pump pushes better than it pulls so location of the type of pump you are using has an effect of performance of the pump.

are you talking about a electric pump? Because a mechanical pump develops a significant amount of vacuum on the suction side(10 inches of mercury on a stock pump)unlike a electric pump. I have never tested a HP pump to see how much vacuum it pulls.

To the OP, it's clear that the majority opinion is you need a very large pump. A 140 GPH pump from clay smith that, he claims, supports 1300HP might get you by.
http://www.claysmithcams.com/mopar-b-426-chrysler-hemi/

I give up.

Joe

from their website:
And, according to Dyno figures, it takes approximately 10galllons of gas per 100 HP per hour, the Clay Smith Power Pumper will theoretically handle up to 1300 HP on gas or 1150 on alcohol !

"THEORETICALLY" Just like your signature says, Without Data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

I'd like to see that data that proves this will support 1300hp.

526 cubes of angry wedge, pushbutton shifted, 9 passenger killer!