Originally Posted By CHAPPER
When I received the paint kit, there was a black plastic 'blister' piece to test on. I taped it off and did a few test sprays. The best looking chrome looked EXCELLENT, until I sprayed their clear on as directed...then it went duller. When I get my bumper, I will not clear it. The chrome paint, if put on correctly, looks great,,until the clear is applied. You cannot spray the chrome like an ordinary paint, must be 'dusted' on very lightly and several passes, just until the black undercoat disappers. Hope I have enough paint left to do the bumper after testing..at $150.00 + shipping,,kinda pricey!!

Just a follow up on this topic. Save your money do NOT buy the Alsa shkit. The spray nozzles on cans are terrible and couldn't find any other nozzle that would fit can. Drips/spits/droplets/3 streams in fan pattern etc come out and ruin the finish. I spent about 4 days getting my fiberglass bumper smoothed up and ready to paint. The base black went on poorly but hoped the clear would shine/smooth it up some,,it didn't. THEN,,I started searching the web for reviews on it,,,all reviews had the same experience I did. Should have looked at reviews BEFORE I bought it!! The Alsa stuff is just like all the other 'spray chrome' stuff...pretty much junk.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.