RobC & B3422W2:

Well, a 112 because this is a 2nd hand purchase. I picked up the cam for $150 a while back when I was contemplating trying the "roller thing" out and replacing my Hughes HE3844AL in the current 360 motor.

The feedback the two of you provided was similar to my previous old post on the subject of trying this out in my 360 motor.

Now that I am building a stroker engine however, I am thinking that the extra displacement will more than make up for any lost grunt due to the 112 vs 108 LSA. I guess I am looking for the 112 LSA to improve the street manners somewhat (the car has to run power brakes), while the 4k stall on the converter should give it a get-up-and-go when needed.

Beyond this, I used to run a Crower 31243 (224HDP CompuPro) hydraulic flat tappet some years ago in a street 360 build. That was a 112 LSA and about two steps smaller than this roller - 228/238 @ 0.050, .480/.504 lift. This cam worked well in my ride at that time, and that was with a 2300 stall converter. Going to the Hughes cam even required me to ditch the newly built 2800 stall in favour of the 4k, which has been one of the greatest improvement in the combination since I finished the car.

I was initially concerned about the LSA, but repeated calls and emails to Comp Cams tech-line resulted in these guys telling me that in a street combo the 112 will actually work better. No doubt the 108 or 110 grind would be more 'explosive', but that's most visible at the race track.

This is the first (and most likely not the last) time I'm going to try a roller though, so if the 112 is a totally wrong way to go about it I would love to understand this better. But ultimately, the budget is limitted, I have all the parts here already and if I'm about to give up a tiny amount of torque which in my street application will never translate to a noticeable impact, I will accept a bit of compromise.