Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Quote:

-> 440-ish cubes with "big" heads that work better on 500+"
-> moderate CR
-> 260+ at .050" street roller
-> limited stall speed
-> street-tuned(?) carb w/ 1.56 venturi & downleg boosters

Those are my thoughts as well.

1.56 venturi downleg carbs can be a real challenge to "tune the bog out of".

IMO, I think a main body swap to something with a smaller venturi would ultimately yield better results(I'd probably use a 1.400 x 1.750)....... But if I were trying to work around that combo, I would expect to have to run fairly large squirters, and probably a 50cc pump/cam on the secondary side, and I would absolutely ditch the 2.5 pv.
You want to get a head start on the main circuit enrichment when going to wot...... It would get a 6.5 if I were messing with it.

There is a lot of plenum and runner volume in that combo, and not a lot of cubes generating signal.......... It's going to need a lot of help(pump shot) to give the motor something to work with until the main circuit is activated.

Not what you asked, but there is some performance left on the table with that cam, in that combo.

Fast,

The carb had 6.5's in it and I can put them back in no sweat. I knew the cam was pretty big but had talked to some folks and they suggested it would be suitable, but I would consider other options, what might you advise?