Totally Integrated Power Module. How many have had the wonderful experience of having to replace the tipm on their late model Dodge and Jeep vehicles?
I recently purchased a used 2012 Ram 2500 Crew cab 4x4. Right off the bat I had issues with the abs, traction control, transfer case, hvac module ect. After days of trying to diagnose the issues I finally figured it out when I lost my brake lights. Well 631.00 later I solved all of my issues but then a new problem came up. The Airbag light and the seat belt lights came on. After research on google I read about doing a hard reset when changing the tipm. What you do is turn the key on for 12 seconds and the tipm learns what it needs to relearn. That's supposed to be where the dealer comes in to relearn the tipm so the airbag light and seat belt light goes out. They call it waking up the air bag module. The dealer wanted 110.00 to program the tipm. Well guess what! Nothing needs to be reprogrammed. There is an IOD fuse that is in the tipm that comes not pushed all the way in. Such a scam by the dealer. Now keep in mind, I work in an independent repair shop and have for like 25 years. So I think it's fair to say I can find my way around a vehicle pretty well. Why would any manufacturer ever allow their dealers to be so dishonest? It just pisses me off.