Originally Posted By MoparBilly
Originally Posted By mshred
Street and strip, and I know my heads may be a limiting factor (stock indy 360-2 cnc 230 heads). I have had my engine up for sale to go BB since nitrous is out of hand in price here now, but havent had much interest so I am going to pull and freshen it... I thought about going to bigger stroke, porting the heads and running n/a. Its a stock block but half filled, and it already has a 4" crank.

Would it be worth it to go bigger? Id like to stay pump gas but raise cr from where it is now (10.4:1)

Since you already have the 4" stuff, are the pistons reusable? I don't know if it would be worth it, but I love driving mine on the street with the 4.125 assembly. I have 3.89 gears with a 29.5 tire so it's a pretty mild gear, and I can stab it in any gear at any speed and the response is instant. It made 500+ torque from 4200 to 6400 (540 peak), so it's a fantastic pump gas street motor.

I love it when guys talk budget then mention a roller cam and heads that take special rocker gear, headers and intake manifolds. My engine has a set of twenty year old Crane Gold 1.5 rockers and a 600 lift solid flat tappet cam with stock port windows and geometry. Pretty boring stuff for an engine that's shoved me to 10.39-128 NA and 9.43-139 on a small plate. I know, the numbers aren't very impressive compared to the race cars around here, but it has over 6000 street miles on it so far, drinking 89 pump swill.

The whole bottom end is reusable I am just toying with going bigger since it will be apart for freshening....sorry my top end isn't budget enough for ya, not my fault I got it for quite a good deal. Your combo sounds impressive, but I would be curious to know what your car weighs too 👍