Originally Posted By 70dusterjohn
Originally Posted By AndyF
Originally Posted By 70dusterjohn
Looking at getting my -1s ported this year and wanted to hear from you guys.. looking at turn around time customer service and pricing.. let me know you thoughts.. thanks guys John...

Your priorities are turn around time, customer service and pricing? How about flow? Or durability?

I'm not just trying to jerk your chain I think you need to consider these things. For example, when Modern did my Indy heads their CNC program was set on "kill". The heads flow a ton of air but they are also fragile since so much material was removed. Is that what you want?? Maybe you do if you are a super serious racer. If you are a bracket racer or a street guy then maybe you don't want your heads ported to the max.

I want reliability ... I do bracket race a lot the cars driven on the street a lot .. so I don't want something that is fragile. Just looking to make more power than I am now with out of the box -1 heads ..

Okay, I think in that case you need to pick up the phone and call a few shops. Be clear that you want to make more power than you are making today but that you do not want lawn sprinklers. The CNC routines may be fine for what you want and they might not. It all depends how aggressive the program is. Since you already have used heads then you might want to start with someone like Dwayne who would pull them apart and check them and figure out a game plan. For new heads I'd start with conservative CNC heads and then step up from there but used heads are a little different situation.

It also depends on what cam you are running. Some of the CNC programs are designed to flow a lot of air up top but if you are just running a 0.600 lift cam then why pay for big flow at 0.800?

Last edited by AndyF; 10/07/17 06:47 PM.