Hi All, I have a 1963 valiant that I built as a 24 hours of lemons race car. For our second race our residual value was set really really low so we can actually make some improvements. I'd like to put larger torsion bars on it before the next race.

Currently the car has KYB shocks, unknown brand front sway bar, 318 t-bars, and a suspension rebuilt with moog parts. I just picked up a set of extra heavy duty -1" used leaf springs that will be going on the car. The car has a 225 /6 and a full cage. The cage stiffened it up a lot but we will probably make subframe connectors before the next race as well. I do have a rear sway bar as well but haven't decided if I'll use it or not. I don't want to make the car loose.

What torsion bars would you run on this car? I know firm feel goes up to a 1.18, but is there a point where the spring is going to be to stiff for the chassis on this thing? Any suggestions are welcome!

I'll try to post a picture, but if it doesn't work there are some in -sweat-palooza-winners/]this writeup from our first race .

Thanks!
-Jon

70 challenger convertible. 340/5 speed. blown, intercooled, efi, blah blah blah 71 valiant scamp 318/A833OD/AC/PS 00 dakota RC 4.7L 5 spd autoX'r. SRT10/T56 swap in process 73 W200 Power wagon, PTO winch, 4 spd