Originally Posted By dogdays
...The 140001 Super Coil is designed with most of the primary resistance external of the coil to reduce inductive reactance and therefore increase the coil output.

360, what part of that did you not understand?

To everyone else, unless you ARE an electrical engineer or somehow have learned about R-L-C circuits, this is the part of alternating current circuits that you cannot understand with a direct current brain...

Hmm...so you posted in the thread to add value to the conversation or just to add noise???

So here is what always floors me with these kinds of "discussions"...lol. To start off with I brought as much quantitative data as I could gather given MY level of understanding of the relationships between the resistance, voltage and coil performance. I clearly asked for insight into this, meanwhile both you and Supercuda provided a criptic one-liner answers, both very much coming through in that "holier than though" and almost condesending kind of a way.

So here is my request to you, unless you can explain the principles in a way that non-experts can understand, please do your best to refrain from responding.

Statements like:

Quote:
...it has been too long from EE201 and EE301...

AND
Quote:
...The 140001 Super Coil is designed with most of the primary resistance external of the coil to reduce inductive reactance and therefore increase the coil output.

360, what part of that did you not understand?...

are nothing more than a piss poor excuse for your lack of understanding and therefore inability to explain the results.

Again, just to be clear here let me re-iterate: I am thrilled to post my experience in hopes of getting insightful and helpful feedback, but I see no point in further responding to the types of posts both of you have provided.

WO23Coronet, 383Man, fast68plymouth, Cab_Burge and RapidRobert, gentlemen, I appreciate your helpful feedback!!!