I picked up a set of Koni shocks for my '65 B body and thought I'd check in to see if anyone else is using them on a classic Mopar.

I like the adjustability of the Koni shock which is why I wanted to use them but I was expecting them to be a bolt in. The fronts are close to a bolt in but the upper bushing that Koni sends with the shocks has no chance of fitting so I replaced it with a normal two part bushing that most everyone else uses.

The rear shock is a little more puzzling but I think I've figured it out. The lower bushing is only 5/8 diameter so no way will it fit on the 11/16 stud in the shock plate. The Koni shock is also a little too short for my car. So I'm going to build some new shock plates with a 5/8 stud and move the stud up and in a little bit. That will solve the length issue as well as the mounting issue.

This kind of stuff doesn't stop me in my tracks these days since I'm fully equipped to build my own custom parts but I feel sorry for the more typical guy working out of his garage. When you buy expensive name brand parts like Koni shocks I'd expect them to bolt on. Some engineer at Koni didn't bother to even look up the correct mounting specs for Mopar vehicles before throwing this design over the wall to production.