I will try to post periodic updates here as the project progresses. For those that do not know me, I am a 29 year old fellow in Dallas-Fort Worth that has had this Barracuda for 11 years or so. It was a daily driver for a while, my Wife and I dated in this car and in August of 2014 I took the car [voluntarily] off of the road to restore it.

It lived its life as a 318/904 car, factory FY1 Lemon Twist car with the black stripe. It had some drag racing time on it with the rebuilt 318 Warlock1 and I did [my first rebuild]. I nearly quit driving the car completely because I was tired of it, I had a highly modified Wrangler that I built from stock and the Barracuda was slow and just plain tired. When I decided to start my Master's, I needed a new daily, either the Wrangler went or the Barracuda did. The Barracuda won. From there I tore the car down completely and have been doing all of the work, with the exception of body/paint, from within my standard 2 car garage. It's cumbersome, but it works.

Since 8/2014 I started the project as a Hemi swap with a 6 speed, which rapidly turned into a restoration and repaint. In that time I have started a new career, started and finished an MBA, bought a house and became a Dad…I have been busy! Needless to say, the project is behind its original schedule. Today, 12/2016, here is where I stand…

So let's get into the car:

- Rebuilt 5.7L Hemi, comp cam, TTI headers, standalone ECU
- T56 magnum 6speed manual transmission with the conversion parts from SST
- 8-3/4" rear, 3.91s Dr. Diff shafts, Wilwood 12.2" 4-piston discs
- Hotchkis front end
- Borgeson steering box w/Coleman 1.5:1 quickener
- Wilwood 12.9" 6-piston front discs
- Vintage Air Conversion
- Painless Harness
- Tanks Inc EFI tank
- American Racing 17s and 18s

Obligatory "BEFORE" photo

DISASSEMBLY

The car had typical rust issues in the “Tee” section, trunk floor, etc. All of which has either been treated and topcoated, or replaced entirely.

To help stiffen things up, the car was given a US Car Tool chassis kit

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi, T56 Magnum 6spd - https://www.facebook.com/GoodysGotaHemi
2020 RAM 1500
[img]https://i.imgur.com/v9yezP9.jpg[/img]