Originally Posted By Slimfish
Originally Posted By Old School
Originally Posted By Slimfish
Has anybody heard what has caused the production halt on the A855 this time and/or an estimated time to get things underway?
I don't think there is a production halt I just received two of them....

Please let us know when you get them installed and how they work for you.
Do you know what list number you were?
Put one in, and drove the car about 50 miles today. All I can say is WOW!! First, it just slid in, just like it was a regular 833. It was like it was made for the car. Everything bolted up perfectly.

Driving impression:

So so smooth. No vibration. No noise. Shifts like a dream! Throws are nice and short. Shifts much nicer than any 833 I have ever shifted. And the overdrive! It makes it like a totally different car. The way it was before, I would drive about 2 hours, and be done. The noise and vibration just wore me out. I would be at 3000 rpm,s, just to cruise at 60 mph. That gets old quick. Now, about 1900-2000 rpm,s, at 60.

In my application, i think in time it might pay for itself. Less $9.00 gal race gas. Easier on my motor, especially valve springs.

After I get it broke-in, I will start to lean on it. I will report back then. Cant wait for the other cars to get theirs! I'm sure I will be driving my cars a lot more now....

od trans.jpg

68 cuda formula S 588" bb 5sp
70 CUDA CONVERT 500" 5SP (SUBLIME)
70 CUDA CONVERT 500" 5SP (PLUMCRAZY):TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!