Originally Posted By thehemikid
Originally Posted By 67vertman
Originally Posted By thehemikid
Hey 67vertman, how do you like the 4spd OD so far?

I see the 4 is 20%, where the 5 is 30%.

What rear gear are you running?

Hi H-Kid,

I really like the OD, with 4:10 gears, it cruises very nicely down the freeway. Even transition from each gear, with no lag or major drop in RPM. Mostly around town, you don't even use 4th gear. One thing I miss from the original geared trans is the lower 1 and 2 pull you get. But once the 5sp comes in I will have the best of both worlds.

I asked because I ordered the hemi 4spd OD on 9/11 of all dates to order something nervous

Anyway I looked at the ratio's and 2nd (in the OD) is right in the middle between 2nd and 3rd in the factory stock 4spd. So another way of looking at it, it shifts 1st-2&1/2-4th-.80.

I'm running 3.54, so to me if the cars doing 70 the motors doing a little less than 55.

Asked about the trade-in on the 855 when the time comes and Jammie said (iirc but terribly paraphrased) we want beat you up on it, as long as you don't beat the crap out of it.

If it was 2 wks for you, then maybe this Friday. But I know he's a busy shop, & 1st come 1st serve.

I am glad to hear that you ordered it. You will like it. I think you will be fine with the 3:54 as they are pretty stout on the street to. I like the drive ability of the gear spacing, it does take some getting used to as you are able to run longer in 2nd and 3rd then before. I think I am going to sell mine on the open market rather than trading it back in. Yes Jamie said that I could recoup most of the price on a trade-in, but I think I can do the same or better selling it myself.

My Monster are real!

Living within your means makes life pretty easy.