Just installed, broke in, and test drove the 69 Cuda with a Hughes Whiplash cam in it. Motor is a 100% factory '70 340 motor right down to the cast iron exhaust manifolds. I was looking for a cam that not only ran better, but sounded much manlier. Kevin at Hughes Engines talked me into the Whiplash cam for the 340. The sound is somewhere between a 284 and a 292 purple cam (which is very healthy), but I'm holding between 8 and 10 inches of vacuum. With the stock cam, the car would spin about 3/4 the way through 1st gear with my peg leg 3:23s (about to be replaced), but now it will spin far into 2nd gear. The low end is amazing compared to before, but it pulls really hard to at least 5500. I don't have timeslips yet, but I can tell that it has the stock 340 cam beat all through the RPM range, and has a radical idle that turns heads. I hadn't heard much about the Whiplash before I bought mine, but I took and chance and I couldn't be happier with it. In the next few weeks, the car will get TTI headers/exhaust and a 3:91 sure grip, so it should pick up a good deal from that too. I will post video soon with sound before and after. Just thought I would share in case anyone else was considering a Whiplash.

P.S. Link on my signature is from the old cam, not the new Whiplash.

Last edited by OA5599; 12/06/08 11:11 PM.