Hi,

I´m dealing for a while with the brake shake, which turns out being problem with fitment of the Wheels vintage Magnum 500 and original drums. It does not seat properly due the ribs/fins on the outer diameter and are sticked out, while seating area is deeper. So only studs holds the wheel in place although it was not seating properly. I have not notice it due the centre caps mounted on the wheel.

Original wheels fits nicely and the braking shake problem is gone. It sits on the hub with diameter around 2,75inch, but Magnum 500s is just 2.125 in.

I believe, I have only these options:
1st. purchase different shape of the drum, like ie. RAYBESTOS Part # 1924R with sticked out seating area (would have to verify the drum size for correct fitment and estimate the hub diameter distance from the drum. Still deal with smaller diameter on Magnum 500 then original size wheel :-/ ) Can anyone confirm, the wheels sits on the hub correcly with the new drum?

2nd. make a front disc brake conversion. I believe a correctly selected disc would have a needed Center Bore Diameter 2.125in. I´m aware of all the benefits like a way better braking but not in the mood for +1000usd investment for conversion set right now.

3rd. change a wheels/tires to original wheels, get as wide white wall tires as possible (235?) and sell Magnum 500s

4th. use a small width spacer to seat the whell properly and forgot about hub for centric the wheel. But I think the lugs for centric of the wheel is just not enought. But on the other hand, this is how the rear wheels are mounted. It might also require to change to longer studs.

Whats your suggestion? Do you have any better ideas?

Original drum with hub

Magnum 500s inside view, notice the teeth from drums ribs

Current fitment. Not noticed before because of the centre caps

Wheels comparison

EDITED pictures, they were too big to display.

Last edited by 69topless; 11/12/13 02:42 AM.