Quote:

Quote:

well, then you haven't ran the gas that I use. i'v been acused of runnin race fuel a few times. I know it has 11% alcohol and toluene. propably why it has a race fuel smell. look it up on the web, has a lot of good stuff in it.

It may be different up there, but the Shell V power 93 down here that I use occasionally in my car definitely doesn't smell like race fuel.
I've been just as fast at the track w/ no name premium 93 from Sparky's Fireworks as I have w/ Shell, Amoco, BP, Sunoco, etc. Went 9.65 at 140 mph back in April this year w/ gas from the fireworks store.
My car slows a tenth and a little over 1 mph on VP 110, but the only thing I changed was the fuel. Never tried playing w/ timing or anything else.

In California the gasoline is produced to a very specific recipe and there is virtually no difference between brands. They even will exchange fuel from brand to brand when convenient. This is expecially true with independent gas stations. There may be 4 different kinds of fuel in one tank.