Quote:

Quote:

Why in the world wouldn't he go make a couple runs on 93 octane? He could even put a dash of grape fuel fragrance from Summit, smells like race fuel, I've used it a couple times for car shows and car cruises.

No it does not smell any where close to real race gas. I use the stuff too some times, the stuff from summit is weak. Even the good stuff don't smell like race fuel.

I have ran 110 leaded race gas in a 10.5-1 340 since 1983.

Then I switched to 92 octane about 6 years ago because I drive my car a lot now a days and I can't afford race gas even though I sell it at work. And I'm here to tell you the race gas runs way better in in a low compression motor and cooler.

Plus I have ran straight race gas in in dirt bikes, jets skis, chain saws, weedeaters, 2 stroke dirt bikes love it, generators and many other motors and they all ran much better on race gas. I would mix it half and half with 91 unleaded most of the time, because full strength is not always needed. But I have burned a bunch of it straight and it won't hurt even the weakest motor.

I have been on camping trips to the lake, we ride jet ski/ wave runners during the day and dirt bikes at night. I would bring plenty of mixed race fuel for our 2 stroke dirt bikes.. I would always provide some gas for the jet skis and everyone and I mean everyone would be fired up how good there jet skis ran with it. To the point that I sell lot's of race gas to bike and water craft people now a days.

Everything runs better on race gas, I'm sure.

My 71 stock 340 sure as hell does run better with race gas.

I ran straight race gas in a 87 dodge ramcharger with a 360 quradrajet carb at graval rama here in town and my truck ran the quickest on straight race gas at the 300' sand drags. Then I ran the same ramcharger on race gas and nitrous oxide and it ran 14.20 in the quarter on asphalt with stock 360. I have done plenty of back to back testing years ago to see if it really did help and it always helped. Time clocks don't lie.

My buddy has a dyno in his engine building shop. Race gas always makes more power. Pump gas is designed for almost everything but performance. Race gas is designed exactly for performance. There are differences in race gas. One might be better than another.