Quote:

Why in the world wouldn't he go make a couple runs on 93 octane? He could even put a dash of grape fuel fragrance from Summit, smells like race fuel, I've used it a couple times for car shows and car cruises.

No it does not smell any where close to real race gas. I use the stuff too some times, the stuff from summit is weak. Even the good stuff don't smell like race fuel.

I have ran 110 leaded race gas in a 10.5-1 340 since 1983.

Then I switched to 92 octane about 6 years ago because I drive my car a lot now a days and I can't afford race gas even though I sell it at work. And I'm here to tell you the race gas runs way better in in a low compression motor and cooler.

Plus I have ran straight race gas in in dirt bikes, jets skis, chain saws, weedeaters, 2 stroke dirt bikes love it, generators and many other motors and they all ran much better on race gas. I would mix it half and half with 91 unleaded most of the time, because full strength is not always needed. But I have burned a bunch of it straight and it won't hurt even the weakest motor.

I have been on camping trips to the lake, we ride jet ski/ wave runners during the day and dirt bikes at night. I would bring plenty of mixed race fuel for our 2 stroke dirt bikes.. I would always provide some gas for the jet skis and everyone and I mean everyone would be fired up how good there jet skis ran with it. To the point that I sell lot's of race gas to bike and water craft people now a days.

Everything runs better on race gas, I'm sure.

My 71 stock 340 sure as hell does run better with race gas.

I ran straight race gas in a 87 dodge ramcharger with a 360 quradrajet carb at graval rama here in town and my truck ran the quickest on straight race gas at the 300' sand drags. Then I ran the same ramcharger on race gas and nitrous oxide and it ran 14.20 in the quarter on asphalt with stock 360. I have done plenty of back to back testing years ago to see if it really did help and it always helped. Time clocks don't lie.

Last edited by Challenger 1; 09/22/13 10:14 PM.