I had heard that the Australian A body lower ball joints have a shorter steering arm than the US ball joints. OZhemi confirmed this by measuring a set of ball joints that he has. This should give you fast ratio steering just by changing your lower ball joints. However OZ has not gotten me a set of ball joints from Australia. So I looked for a online Australian parts store, I found that they list two different sets of lower ball joints for Australian A bodies. Since the US cars also have two different sizes of ball joints I wonder if the Australian car did something similar. The 72 and earlier US A bodies used a smaller joint than the post 72 cars. The part number listing for the Australian ball joint are as follows.

BJ81 BJ82 BALL JOINT VG VALIANT LHS LOWER

BJ36 BJ35 BALL JOINT VALIANT LHS LOWER

Since the parts store has not responded to my email I hope that some of our Australian member can tell me if the Australian parts did the same thing. Also I need a parts source that is willing to ship some of these ball joints to the US. If you go down to the bottom of the following page it shows the difference between early and late A body lower ball joints.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/tech/steering/linkage.shtml