Thought I would share a few words and pics of my latest obsession.....I purchased this amazing original condition low mileage
1972 340 Duster back in August. Special ordered on March 21, 1972 by the original owner through Glover Chrysler Plymouth
of Asheville N.C. with a scheduled production date of April 19th 1972. The car arrived April 26th and began it's well cared for
and pampered life in Asheville at the hands of an extremely diligent and fussy owner. For the next 22 years this car led a life
of luxury few cars seldom see. In the spring of 1994 with only a scant 27,000 miles owner and car parted ways and it was time
for a new "caretaker" to carry on the life the Duster was accustomed to. Several owners later, and a 7 year stint in the Floyd
Garrett Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, Tn. it was time for the Formal Black Duster to once again search out a new home.
Purchased by a prominent collector in White Plains, N.Y. on April 28th of this year the Duster would only remain in his
possession for approx 3 months after which time yours truly noticed it for sale on the www. Unable to pass up a 72 in
this condition & originality I knew exactly who the next caretaker was going to be.

This car continues to retain 100% of it's original Formal Black factory applied hue along with 100% of it's factory black bucket
seat interior. Originally ordered with the V5X body side moldings, these were removed by owner two in favor of the
more aggressive 340 stripes w/callouts. Options are as follows, auto 727 transmission, power assisted front disk brakes,
electronic ignition, upgraded bucket seat interior/carpet, rally road wheels with RWL Goodyear polyglas E-70 14 tires,
factory undercoat w/hood insulation pad, 2 watt AM radio & of course the aformentioned body side moldings.
The factory original front headpipes are still in place and are in very good condition. The original factory exhaust tips
were replaced in 1994 with a set of NOS that continue to show as new.

Documentation includes the buyers order, invoice with trade-in, 3 build sheets, (sheet under drivers seat still there),
consumer information sheet, 22 years of N.C safety inspection records with mileage recorded, Chrysler Plymouth owners club
card, owners manual, warranty booklet & numerous early photo's of car and original owner.

With only 35,272 miles logged and the over the top care this car has experienced it has to be one of if not the highest
"Survivor" quality 340 Duster's in existence and is a prime candidate for use as a restoration reference. Only 1.6% of Plymouth Duster's and Valiant's in 1972 were painted in TX9 (Formal Black). The least popular color.......

My how things have changed!

Hope you guys/gals enjoy the pics and info....

Last edited by dmoore; 10/24/12 08:45 PM.