Quote:

Quote:

Don't know how prochargeds photo from the 70's proves anything(show me that car new in the 60's-very cool car by the way). But here's a neat photo found somewhere on the net. Maybe we can have Jim Schild and Galen verify what motor is in this car.

That is the car Mr. Guffey owns. The four '64 AFX Mopars (some call them 2%) all were originally shipped with Max Wedge engines. The Hemi's were sent later. The Hemi's all went to the NASCAR guys early on. When there was enough engines for them the drag racers got theirs. My guess is this is a very early photo and the hoodscoop had not been changed to the Hemi scoop. I've seen this car with both scoops. The four AFX cars were 1.Strickler 2.Ramchargers 3.Golden Commandos 4. Melrose Missle Three of the four survive and Mr.Guffey has two of them.

all i can really say is this car was built the same day as these 4 2% cars everyone speaks of.(they were all built on the same day)It IS an original HEMI car. If what you are saying about all these cars coming with max wedges i would love to know who did the shock tower conversions?