My dad started working Dodge dealership in '61. He ordered and raced 2 '63 Max Wedge cars (they were delivered to his dealership. He became very good friends with Ronnie Householder (he was the head of all of Dodge racing) and was able to order a '64 Hemi/auto. alum. front end package car, and had to pick it up at their "special" location near the factory. I asked him numerous questions about it all the time, and to this day that is my very favorite Dodge of all time.
He told me there was 32 Alum/Hemi Dodges built in '64. (thats what he knew of) His had one headlight/side and the Hemi (flat) hood scoop. I'm sure it could be discussed all year long about what all these cars came with, because sometimes they would throw on whatever was laying around the race department just to get the car out the door!! My dad recalls Chargers with Plymouth hubcaps,horn buttons - all kinds of goofy stuff in the dealership, so one can only imagine how the race stuff came out!
I have a couple pics of the car, but dont know how to post them. Could someone e-mail me so I can send them pics to post?
Thanks guys!!
Keep on talking about these cars, as I love to see and hear about them!!
Wally.