At this point I'll move fast forward to July 2011 and skip few things I'll get back to later. The idea of keeping the car in Gasser form had slowly been replaced by plans of doing some level of restoration.

There was many reasons for this "change of mind". One of them was the fact that I wasn't able to find any "famous pedigree" for the car. There probably is none, and if some day something comes up, I'm sure it is for the form the car was in it's early days before it was turned into Gasser. Another reason was that I began to see the historical significance of these cars for Chrysler and the early 60's car/racing scene. No Gasser could compete with that, even if they are cool as hell. Third reason was that the front frame rails weren't supported with anything other that lightweight fiberglass fenders and tin inner fenders. When jacked up, you could grab the front bumper and move it up and down few inches. Safe it wasn't.

So there I was trying to find someone to do the bodywork and return the body back to factory specs. After some searching I was suggested a guy that was located very near the garage where the Savoy was kept. I contacted Oskari and he came over to discuss the project. Soon after that the parts car #2 (Fury, to be introduced a bit later in this thread) was towed to Oskari's garage to be followed by the Savoy later in December 2011. According to plan Oskari would start the work in the beginning of January 2012. Here are the two cars at Oskari's.

7163352-IMG_0157.JPG (86 downloads)

'66 Plymouth
'64 Dodge
'63 Plymouth x 3