Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Brian
It started getting a bit rich in the top end looking at the A/F and BSFC, there could of been a little more power there.

I think because of the non adjustable rockers, and having about .050 depression on the lifter plunger, we were seeing some lifter pump up causing erratic #'s.
For sure, with different rockers power could go up a fair amount. I thought the TQ curve was pretty good as well as the wide powerband for such a short stroke.

I agree,the heavy stock sized valves tend to keep a hydraulic cam from working well at higher rpm's unless everything is just right.
As for leaning it out on the top end for more power,that does not always work out so well. I have spent a lot of time getting a flat A/F across the board before just to find that the engine wanted the extra fuel. It depends on the fuel used and how the engine combo is working with it.
I have also tried it at the track to see how the results from the dyno pan out. I have had to go back to the richer settings on the top end to get the mph back up. Many variables come into play!

Keith

Keith has got it right. I have seen this trend many times where the AF ratio doesn't look good but any efforts to correct it loses power. I think it is a sign of inefficiencies. J.Rob

2009 PHR\EMC Competitor
2010 PHR\EMC Competitor
2011 PHR\EMC Competitor
2012 PHR\EMC Competitor
2013 PHR\EMC Competitor
2014 HotRod/EMC Competitor
2015 HotRod/EMC NoShow
2016 HotRod/EMC 3rd place SPEC Bigblock
2018 HotRod/EMC 7th place G3