Hey Mike, not sure if you have seen these before, but my friend Dave Southen who way back when was the Canada Rep for MMCI has sent me these photos and description....

"Most of these photos were taken in 1980 at Sauble Beach, Ontario, Canada at a get together of the National Hemi Owners Association Canadian Chapter annual meet. It was at Harold Davey’s cottage on the beach. Harold was the regional director for the NHOA and was a tireless advocate for the hemi engine. Unfortunately Harold died a few years back from MS. He was a great guy and is sorely missed by his friends.

At that meet there were 7 hemi cars and a number of non hemi cars including two Superbirds, of which the red one belonged to me. You can see the front of the Superbird in the front shot of the Coronet. That’s me to the right of the nose cone, in a white T shirt and hat and beard (20 years old I was then).

The hemi cars, if you refer to the front shot of the 7 cars included, from left to right, Harold’s 1969 Roadrunner, the 1966 Coronet 4 door which was owned by Len Weiler then, a 1969 Charger RT 4 speed car which was owned by “Drew” at that time (Mike Jardine bought and restored it – I haven’t talked to Mike for some time but I’d be surprised if her doesn’t still own it), a 1966 Coronet, and 1967 GTX (both owned by Ray Dupuis – again I suspect Ray still owns them), a 1966 Satellite (it was owned by John Cherry then – I bought it later, and sold it and my Superbird to finance going to school in England), and another 1966 Satellite (I can’t remember who owned it then). All were factory hemi cars except my Satellite.

Dave Southen