Quote:

[quote
Quote:

Also, the rear of the 1/4 drop, would you want to taper that towards the center of the car? I'm not totally sure of the top speed concept, just throwing that out there. Would doing this make the car more apt to be "squirrely" at top speeds?

Not sure which part your talking about?

The black piece to rear of the tires. Below the 1/4 panel.

Okay, I see. No. The air on the rear quarter needs to stay "attached" to the side of the car, and be prevented from "rolling" under the car until it can merge back together behind it. Merging the air from the spoiler, under the car, and from the sides smoothly is the trick. People make LOTS of money figuring that out. Balancing downforce with drag. I'm not that concerned with every last .001 of a second lap time. I'll error on the down force side for stability and pay the drag penalty. That being said, I still want it fast! The rear extensions are the outside "plates" of the rear diffuser. Between them, on the valance, are 3 smaller plates that help direct airflow from under the car, and between them all is a lower wing!! So air exits out the back, is forced to stay straight by the plates, and then is curved upwards from the valance shape with vortex generators and lower wing. This merges with the air coming off the spoiler, without disrupting the airflow from the sides of the car too badly, to make a clean hole through the air. Theoretically!! We'll see what the wind tunnel says when its done. I can't afford to develop parts in the tunnel, so am relying on a few people with tons of experience from two completely different back grounds. One a race car guy and one an aerospace engineer. Don't forget to throw me in to screw it up with my own ideas!!

Craig Scholl
CJD Automotive, LLC
Jacksonville, FL
www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com
904-400-1802

"I own a Mopar. I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification"