Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Sandy's Truck Shop
04/20/24 02:48 PM
The usual Mo'Farts replies. rolleyes I guess that's why all the MFG's have gone away from electric fans, huh?

I'll start with reasons from my experience:

1. No roaring clutch fan.
2. Approx. 1/2 mpg better
3. No 8 pound dead weight hanging off the water pump. Have not had to do a water pump change since switching to electric.
4. Easier to work on with all the space freed up.
5. Vehicle is quieter, just more pleasant to drive in general.
6. No viscous to ever replace.

I'm using an old Dodge Omni electric fan someone was throwing away on my 5600 pound '01 360. Wired to a 20 amp switch, it turns about as fast as a house fan on Low speed.

Never a problem, barely use it. It takes 3 red lights in a row in traffic to require turning it on. The rest of the time, as long as you stay above 20mph the fan is never needed up to 85 degrees. Had my EC now for 15 years.

I would recommend getting an OEM fan from a minivan or Dodge Neon and wiring to an aftermarket controller from Amazon. They are reliable and powerful.

My personal experience would be to get rid of the shroud that blocks the rad off. I think half the problem with people having cooling issues is the rad is blocked off to funnel the air to the electric fan. If the block off is removed, air can pass freely through the rad. Another is the idea is the EC needs to be "on" at 180.........when vehicles have 195 thermostats, SMH, lol.

If you are chasing mileage: between cutting my catalytic convertor out and electric fan, I picked up 1.5mpg out of my 360 Magnum.

12 572 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/20/24 02:44 PM
They definitely spared no expense on the valve guide steps to keep the seals on! Glad I bought an extra set of seals as I murdered a few of them...

Quick update, got the retainers and springs all swapped over, I had 2 different valvespring compressors and neither of them did that great of a job on the Isky springs. The manual one I bought from Summit was clunky and hard to keep centered, and a very nice air powered one I borrowed from a friend didn't have enough oomph to compress the springs the last 1/8" or so to get the keepers in easily- I would end up hitting the retainer with a soft mallet that would allow the keepers to drop in. They're all in within 1.975"-1.995" now depending on the existing shims that were already installed.

Dropped all of the engine parts off to Jim in Pittsburgh last week, except the pistons which still weren't done even though they were promised on the 5th! Those just showed up yesterday, picked them up from another friend here in Detroit that is starting his own engine shop and is attached to Mike Moran's building so I got a tour of that facility too. Shipped the pistons last night so hopefully machinework can start and I'll see the motor in a month or two! Final compression will be 11.04:1 after the deck gets cut to 10.720" for the cometics. I'm on work trips for most of May, will be cutting it really close for Sick Summer but we'll see how it plays out. Due to some unexpected personal stuff I might not do Drag Week this year, but am still hoping to do Sick Summer. Really excited to see what it will do with the new motor!

GY3, would love to see the pics of the Honda. This is my Lil Indian, went overboard restoring it during covid, and it's now too nice to use as a pit bike so I have a Coleman that gets used at the track.

-Nick
292 55,182 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/20/24 02:09 PM
Unless they're bent somehow I don't see much problem with Mopar hood hinges, definitely less so than door honges
3 418 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/20/24 01:30 PM
Congrats Man!
5 738 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/20/24 10:27 AM
This is a brand new Ram pressure plate from Summit on a freshly built stock 440 Charger RT. The original green back is a 10.5. He pulled out a centerforce diaphragm because it had a poor release. I’ve got a buddy with a 528 hemi and he uses a twin disc McLeod with long fingers. It holds that monster just fine. I don’t think they make that anymore, either.
8 514 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/20/24 03:59 AM
Originally Posted by 11secdart
R.I.P. Dickey ... great guitarist ! saw the Allman Brothers in concert many years ago at an outdoor venue .. awesome show ! go to YouTube music and listen to them do " Jessica " Live at the Fillmore East .. what an outstanding piece of instrumental music !!

Betts wrote "Jessica" naming the song, after his daughter was born. Excellent song up
After Duane died, Dicky really stepped up, writing and contributing songs for the band.
3 338 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/20/24 03:36 AM
844 99,169 Read More
04/20/24 01:54 AM
Okay I will try to find some lol
2 359 Read More
04/20/24 01:05 AM
Just a little humor
44 4,122 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/20/24 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by I_bleed_MOPAR
No idea if it's still there or even if it's what I was told but a little over 20 yrs. ago I spotted a '70 Coronet 'vert under a tarp in a side yard.Tarp was in sad shape and falling through the top frame. Taillights were visible through the tarp also. Mentioned it to a friend who lived close to it and was told it was a 440-6, 4 spd. R/T and could not be bought for any price. IIRC, it was either V2 or K2. I've always wanted to go back through there but never have.
EDIT: This was just south of Jackson, GA if this car rings a bell with anyone.

You never know. You might just go back and the timing may be right to buy the car. It's happened to me before. If it is a 440-6 convert, especially in a great color, it could be a home run!
52 6,832 Read More
Moparts Full Size
04/19/24 10:16 PM
1965 Fury Convertible. Original 318 car, now set up for a BBM. Car was recently fit with a 426 MW & has full 3” exhaust out the back with head pipes (including cut outs) to fit original MW manifolds. 3:23 Sure Grip. Original blue exterior, black interior, black top. Rust free & very straight Oregon body, small section of each lower rear quarter behind the wheel well was replaced to eliminate the rust. Floor pans & trunk pan original & in very nice condition. Have a stock flat hood in excellent condition that goes with the deal. Top is in very nice condition, plastic rear window is good as well, top functions as it should. Interior in very nice condition with modification to the shifter (B&M unit) & upper door panel inserts. Dash pad & steering wheel in very nice damage free condition. All bright work, bumpers & trim are either NOS or have been restored to that condition, all is in very nice condition. The car must be repainted, it was restored many years ago & sat inside, but there’s now an issue with the primer which is shrinking & damaging the paint, so plan to strip & paint the car. Car is sold as is, have a clear Idaho title in our name, located in Fruitland, ID. $8000, it’s negotiable, not parting it out so no need to ask.
1 532 Read More
04/19/24 07:40 PM
Scam Alert

There is an A66 Challenger 4 speed listed for sale on the Milwaukee Craigslist page.

FJ5 with yellow bumble stripe.
[
b] It is a SCAM Ad so Buyer Beware on this one![/b]

The real owner is registered on the A66 Challenger Registry Web site on FB.

The car is for sale by Johnny Davis in Indianapolis. Not in Milwaukee! 😔

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/milwaukee-dodge-challenger/7734362257.html
0 390 Read More
Moparts Engines
04/19/24 07:39 PM
Wanted #1 main cap for a 340 if you have one let me know
3 686 Read More
Mopar Connection Magazine
04/19/24 05:20 PM
[Linked Image]

Knowing exactly what’s happening with your engine is paramount to maintaining your classic Mopar’s longevity. Thankfully, living without quality gauges is no longer an issue; Redline Gauge Works is offering a great deal on Dakota Digital VHX B and E-body instrument panels.

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:
0 101 Read More
Moparts Show Listings
04/19/24 04:53 PM
Midwest Mopars in the Park
May 31st thru June 2nd
Washington County Fairgrounds
12300 40th St N, Lake Elmo, MN 55042
Car Show & Swap Meet
Costs on Flyer
https://www.moparsinthepark.com/

Special Features
A12 Reunion
1971 Color Me Cuda display
A100 Anniversary
0 54 Read More
04/19/24 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by SportF
I've got these. I'll be in the midwest at races this summer, where are you from?

PM sent
16 1,032 Read More
04/19/24 03:37 PM
I am probably due for a new hood pad. My original is starting to have pieces of of droop downward.
3 229 Read More
04/19/24 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by EV2RTSE
You might also check with Harmon and see what their turnaround time is, I've used them a couple of times now (70 Challenger Bendix) and they've always gotten them done very quickly. Pricing runs a little more than Dewey but the work seems to be first rate also. They're in Georgia so shipping back and forth will be a little quicker. That Midland Ross is not one you're likely to find rebuilt in a box ready to buy anywhere.

https://harmonclassicbrakes.com/

I called and looks like this source is going to be my fastest solution.
Thanks for the link!
Wolf
4 193 Read More
04/19/24 11:36 AM
It was installed with Ultra-Grey. I was just to stingy. It has enough now.
Doug
11 917 Read More
04/19/24 10:22 AM
it should be fine.
I ran it for a while with the m-body 78 amp alternator and didn't have any problems.
the only problem I had was I put an inline fuse that was one of the glass ones and it melted the holder. seems to have been a known issue with high constant draw on those holders I read later.
1 169 Read More
04/19/24 10:19 AM
I'm still here.
24 2,627 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 02:46 AM
PM sent
4 380 Read More
04/19/24 01:31 AM
WIW NOS E body 2895592 (W758) Clear windshield? Have not seen one to compare. Thanks in advance. Joe
0 229 Read More
04/19/24 12:36 AM
3 inch body lift = garbage.
2 278 Read More
04/18/24 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by Race Inc
I purchased this car in 2003 from a dealership in Mansfield Ohio sold it to a friend, bought it back when he needed cash, then traded it to another buddy for a Cuda. I always wondered where it went. Interestingly, it didn't have it's original engine when any of the three of us owned it. Now it does?

I looked at it early 90s timeframe.
Sometime later it was in the Las Vegas area.
Thats was the last I knew of it until I saw it listed earlier today

I remember when this car was in Vegas too. I spoke to the owner and I think he told me the car came out of ATL at some point. Funny thing was I was in ATL at the time.
I was chasing a 69 GTX 4 speed Vert hard back then. I think I knew where jus about where everyone of them were for sale, and you just did not see them a lot. This was about 20 years ago or so.

They haven't change too much in pricing over the years.
I always thought they were not a bad buy. B Body Vert 440. 4 speed with a Dana. RR verts always pulled close $.
I guess more people like RR's. Rare does not mean more $.
8 819 Read More
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8