04/23/24 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by FurryStump
I like Pypes race pros

x2
9 607 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/23/24 03:33 PM
what booster do you have ?
the booster on my charger was for 4 wheel drums, and you could take it apart by removing a band that clamped the two halves together.
i found a plastic part inside was broken. to fix it, i got the same booster [not sure if it's the midland-ross or bendix booster that comes apart like that] from a '73 dart that had disc brakes, that the guy wanted replaced "just because".
took it apart, the plastic piece was ok, so i installed it in my booster, and all is well on my charger now.
plus, i got a very good diaphragm and other internal parts to put on the shelf in case i may need them in the future.
just tossing this out there in case it may be of help to someone.
expressing my personal experience with this type of booster only. your mileage will vary.
beer
7 514 Read More
Moparts B Body
04/23/24 02:56 PM
FOR Sale Power steering caps. several used power steering caps. Price $10.00 each plus $8.00 shipping Bob Horman
59 6,991 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/23/24 02:43 PM
years ago, my one buddy somehow bought a tank from an army surplus place in [i believe] Hermitage, Pa.
it didn't run, and i can't remember what he paid for it, but it wasn't much.
it didn't take much to get it running, but it needed a bunch of machine work to get the twin 50 caliber machine guns working. whistling devil boogie [he has a federal license to own automatic weapons, but i don't think it applies to something like this. biggrin]
we didn't have much difficulty learning how to drive it, or operate all of it's systems, even though it was only by trial and error.
we even drove it through our local parade. that was a hoot !
after a while though, we re-welded up the barrels and firing mechanism, and he donated it to a museum, where it still resides today.
as the saying goes : "it sure was FUN while it lasted !" penguin punkrocka drool
beer
9 982 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/23/24 02:26 PM
every time i say something about our appliances, shortly thereafter, the one i just bragged about takes the big $hit ! panic flame laugh2
therefore, i ain't sayin' nothin' !!!!!!!!!!!
beer
38 1,741 Read More
Gen III Hemi Tech
04/23/24 02:09 PM
Hi Cab,

I believe I have used the Milodon 31030 pan with 18341 pickup.
Hope this helps.
4 927 Read More
Mopar Connection Magazine
04/23/24 01:49 PM
[Linked Image]

Car cruise season upon us, lads and it’s time to get your classic Mopar running better than ever. Whether you’re looking to refresh that double pumper that’s been sticking or crispen up that ignition; Holley’s got the parts you need – and now at a new lower price. When you click this link you’re going to be taken to a catalog of 250 pages of discounted parts, components and equipment (as well as some fun stuff for the garage like banners, signs, clocks and tumblers).

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:
0 84 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/23/24 12:42 PM
https://www.rochesterclutch.com/ another option. i have used him in the past with good results.

Jeff
7 524 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/23/24 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Wheeler
Originally Posted by Charger69RT8
1976 D100, A833OD, 318 w/ headers & Edelbrock performer 2176 intake. Cam is unknown, likely stock. If not, something near stock. Currently has the Carter TQ 9250S that was on it when I acquired the pickup a couple of years ago. And it is shot. Wiggle the primary throttle shaft and get a whistle. Although I'm a fan of the TQ's I've decided staying with one is too much hassle for this application. Going back to a 500 CFM 2 barrel might be best but that would require buying an intake and a carb. At new prices that's approaching EFI throttle body injection like fitech, Holley, etc. So for this reason I am hoping to find a small 4-barrel (600-650 cfm) that fits the intake, is dependable, and pretty much a bolt on and go.

Looking at Eldelbrock Performers 1406, AVS2, Demon 1900 or 1901. Others? Thanks in advance for all tips and recommendations.

IMO, a spreadbore carb (Thermoquad, Quadrajet, Holley 4175) would be the best option for your truck.

Years ago, I had a 1985 Dodge D150 with the 318 2bbl. I removed the stock 2bbl intake & carb and installed a used Edelbrock Performer 2176 intake and rebuilt Rochester Quadrajet from a late 1980s Dodge Truck 360 V8.

It was the best mod I ever did to my truck. More power. Fuel economy and drivability improved. The truck would start instantly - hot, warm, cold - almost like EFI.

I personally prefer the Quadrajet over the Thermoquad for reliability and performance. The Q-Jet was installed on 1985 to 1988 Dodge Trucks & B-Vans with the 360 V8 from the factory.

A rebuilt Thermoquad would be the easiest option for you (if you can find a good one). Scott Smith at Harms Auto rebuilds TQs. https://www.harmsauto.com/

The Holley 4175 spreadbore is a nice carb but is very expensive. https://www.holley.com/products/fue...ors/emissions_replacement/parts/0-80555C

An Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock AVS2, Holley 4160 or Holley Street Demon carb in the 500-600 cfm range would be a good choice as well (and they are easier to find).

Note: You will need a squarebore to spreadbore adapter to mount these carbs on your Edelbrock Performer 2176 intake.

The Street Demon is designed to fit both intake styles so the OP will not need an adapter. Another cool feature unique to them.

https://www.edelbrock.com/carb-adap...drajet-thermo-quad-spread-bore-2696.html

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...cers/adapters_and_spacers/parts/300-6QFT

If you want to buy new - check out the 570 cfm Holley Street Avenger or 625 cfm Street Demon. I don't have experience with either carb but these are the two I would look at.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

38 1,768 Read More
04/23/24 12:06 PM
If they are drop in 4.38 you are fine.
5 556 Read More
Moparts Truck / Vans / Jeep / Willys
04/23/24 10:52 AM
Looking to purchase an 89-93 2wd small V-8 Ram truck. No rusted out projects!! No tubb'd out, race or pro street trucks. Just want a nice clean rust free truck.Short bed preferred but will look at any. The closer to Ohio the better. Cash in hand for the right truck. Thanks for looking!
2 400 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/23/24 04:38 AM
High Output alt might mean trailering.

Yes, I know AC is pretty much mandatory for Summer in most of the US.
But lots of folks in cooler climates didn't order it.
My memory of cruising SoCal dealerships in the late '60s are that AC cars on the lots were in the minority.
I think it was the later '70s when I got a company car with AC - it was getting popular by then.
14 789 Read More
04/23/24 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by *unknown_user*
No need to piece this together.

Tekonsha trailer wiring

I use the direct fit version of this box (plugs into the existing light harness without the sensing feature of this universal one) on my daily, works great.

Bosch brand relays are $4.99 a piece, I'm more than capable of handling this task. I'm not spending $170 on something I'll have less than $50 in and if a part of it goes bad I don't have to spend $170 to fix it.
28 1,172 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/23/24 01:18 AM
So what next? A Vanishing Point Challenger into a plow?
Money/Time into what? 5 second video.
1 232 Read More
04/23/24 12:55 AM
The 23" blocks are Plymouth 218 & Dodge 230". Approximate bore pitch cylinders #1-2, 3-4, & 5-6 are 3.5625” apart, cylinders #2-3 & 4-5 are 3.875” apart
The 25" blocks are 237, 251 & 265" for Chrysler, DeSoto, Dodge truck. Approximate bore pitch cylinders #1-2, 3-4, & 5-6 are 3.750” apart, cylinders #2-3 & 4-5 are 4.500” apart

These engines respond to mods similar to H-D flathead engines
2 225 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/22/24 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by buzz440
Try,, turnswitch. com or S/M electrotech forget which they go by but they did mine awhile back.... works like a charm.

Later, BUZZ

He also wants the radio cosmetically restored. Not just the function.

I don't know of any company that will correctly cosmetically restore your vintage radio.

It's just about impossible. How would you correctly replate the metal casing with all of the internals attached?
3 886 Read More
Moparts Wheels / Tires
04/22/24 07:35 PM
NOS BF Goodrich F 78-14 Space Saver spare tire, never mounted, excellent condition, $995

Email Kenei@comcast.net
8 1,585 Read More
04/22/24 07:26 PM
sorry but i dont have those parts
2 337 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
04/22/24 06:01 PM
ok - just didn't need to clog up the forum if not really required - thanks for the responses thumbs

So in the spirit of making things easier to maintain, over the weekend I made three strategically-placed holes in the floor to give me full access to the gas tank, including removing the sending unit to replace the fuel pump - all without having to drop the tank (and cover, and armor, and and and), and I'll make three matching bolt-on trap door panels to cover things up -

[Linked Image]

First - sending unit. There's two braces that meet up under the floor, and I cut away as much panel as I could without cutting into the braces, just to have something to start with, and lucked out because I can juuuust squeeze out the sending unit as-is :thumbsup: - and I highly recommend the sending unit ring clamp tool - like $30 on Amazon and WELL worth the $ -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Next - the OE fuel level system uses whateverthehell ohms range (still don't know for certain), so I'm using a stand-alone 8" float assembly from ISSPRO that matches my gauges, with the respective 240-33 ohms rating; drilled the hole, and I can reach inside the tank and I'll use a nice ring clamp to secure the 5 bolts from the bottom -

[Linked Image]

here's a look inside the tank - there's about...I dunno...1/4" between the bottom of the float and the bottom of the tank...so I'll have a bit 'more' after the gauge reads empty smile

[Linked Image]

other side -

[Linked Image]

Next - return line. My Holley Sniper EFI needs a return line, and I got this nice return line kit from EFI Systems Pro - same place I got the Sniper from - great place and great tech support -

[Linked Image]

Float and return line installed - little heat and the OE plastic return line tubing slid right over the new fitting, and used an EFI clamp to make sure it stay's put -

[Linked Image]

Next - the main vent. Wanted to be able to access the main vent and fuel full/vent tubes, so out came the deathwheel and another hole in the floor is made -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
23 1,594 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/22/24 05:49 PM
Former Spokane Continental Baking employees meet monthly... please post on Facebook, might have good leads

monthly meeting
5 525 Read More
04/22/24 05:04 PM
The first one will pull more out of the basement the second one will make just a little more power.

No point turning a 225 much over 4200 or so without Headwork and a better intake and exhaust. The tight centerline will be great for what he wants to do. The overdrive 4 speed will be perfect for it.

I'd go with the first one, you'll never see the extra 15 hp up top in with van aerodynamics anyway. The second cam would be perfect in a light car like a 64 Valiant
1 271 Read More
04/22/24 04:19 PM
Thanks! We can't figure it out. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!! wave
4 324 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/22/24 03:05 PM
I recently transported a 68 Coronet wind tunnel model that was used for testing radiators. It was in MCG in 2023. I wonder how many are still out there? shruggy
2 290 Read More
Moparts Engines
04/22/24 02:33 PM
I'm selling a really nice original air cleaner base plate for 426 Hemi. round one 300.00
69-71 Hemi oil pan and windage tray 200.00
4235 4236 Crossram carbs 1800.00
restored wide pad rocker assemblies 2600.00
Crossram intake set up, intake, 4235 4236 carbs and linkage and bolts, FHO polished lids. Very nice and complete 3400.00
lots more extra parts

Dave's Hot Rod Garage
734-231-070five please text and I'll send photos.
Thank you for the ad!
14 2,486 Read More
Mopar Connection Magazine
04/22/24 01:29 PM
[Linked Image]

The restoration of our 2006 former police Dodge Charger has progressed well. It is in the final stages of painting and quickly moving towards the start of reassembly. The Charger was selected as a project because I wanted a late-model electronic fuel-injected Hemi to assess and evaluate. I own a few Dodge products, but all have old-school engines and transmissions, and all are carbureted. To catch up on the progress thus far, check out the previous installments about the Charger.

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:
0 48 Read More
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7