Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Moparts Wheels / Tires
03/28/24 02:53 AM
Looking for a space saver rim in good shape.
Date code pre May 1970.
PM me here.
Thanks
5 1,496 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/28/24 01:32 AM
we pull small trailers made from aluminum , loads typicaly weight around 500 lbs
5 246 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/28/24 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
On my first mopar-71 Challenger I had the very first aftermarket partial 1/4 panels installed on by my dads friend. They were sold thru Sherman and Associates and were AWEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But the lady on the phone at Sherman warned me- those panels were basically "A flat sheet of steel with the details hammered in by a guy." The wheel well opening with its details were kinda ok but there was no side marker light hole of any kind and the panel was flat as a sheet of plywood.

laugh2 I bought a pair of those exact panels for my '69 300, from Sherman..the car that's in my first post.
But I found out like you, they were just flat stamped metal, in other words JUNK!
So I got a Hemmings book..( no Internet in 1985) did research, and found a place near Phoenix Arizona
called Mr. Good Parts...a scrap yard, that sold all rust free metal. I had them ship me, two FULL
Quarter panels, came with inner wheel wells, and trunk extensions. They were cut off of a two door hardtop car.
They showed up by semi truck in front of my house, strapped to big pallets! They were supposed to be
delivered to the body shop, my car was at, and someone had screwed up! Luckily my body shop
came out, and picked them up. Those panels are still on the car today.

Mr. Goodparts - Brad Stoler. We ran into him a few times out in Phoenix - he was getting some of the leftovers we passed on. I wonder if Brad is still alive - I think he was a real druggie. The company I owned with my partner operated from around 1981 to when I sold it in 1995. Anybody buy stuff from Rare Iron Co? That was us. Our parts came hand-picked out of TX, NM, AZ, NV, & CA. We were the big guys.
90 4,140 Read More
Moparts Race Cars / Parts/Tools/Trailers
03/28/24 01:00 AM
Autometer Pro Comp Ultra Lite Water Temp and Oil Pressure Gauges 2 5/8 - $100 sold

Yukon 4.86 gear & 31 spline spool for 8 3/4. Four 1/8 mile runs on both, like new - $200
92 28,623 Read More
Corners Are Best - Handling Tech
03/28/24 12:20 AM
Just do what the old NASCAR boys used to do. They would weld the K frame right to the car just to make everything nice and stiff. Here is a picture of a NASCAR chassis I took a few years ago. I think this chassis was from the 70's or maybe early 80's. It was still a torsion bar, leaf spring car so it was before the switch to trailing arms and coil springs.

Some of the parts are interesting to look at. The fabricated knuckle is very crude. Looks like a disc brake knuckle welded to a truck knuckle? The anti sway bar setup is fabricated, the strut bar is gigantic, the hubs are from an Imperial or a light truck or something along those lines.
28 14,935 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
03/27/24 11:04 PM
I tried to buy that car. I had the high bid at around 25K, went to lunch. Came back the auction closed at bid below mine?......I asked the auction house what happened, they gave me some BS.

I hear ya. I was high bidder online on a couple that sold for under my bid. I did get a 69 Barracuda, but it was the one I wanted the least...auctions are so shady. ALL of them.
13 950 Read More
Lost & Found, Clubs, Businesses, Jobs
03/27/24 08:53 PM
1969 HEMI
1,464 2,211,228 Read More
Gen III Hemi Tech
03/27/24 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Doright
I put 6.1 pistons in a 5.7 with Eagle heads and big cam makes great power @ 10.5 to 1 with a mild tune.

Can you share any more details on it? Stock 6.1 pistons and 5.7 crank? What are the cam specs and power numbers?
4 488 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
03/27/24 06:24 PM
Yeah, but it was about 25 years ago when I got a very nice hood for my '73 Challenger from them. I can't even say if it's the same people running the business these days. shruggy

Funny you bring US Body Source up, since they seem to be one of the few 'glass companies who still offers a T/A-style hood for the E-body Challenger. Since AAR / Stinger closed, I don't know that there's a reliable source for one these days... certainly nothing that is actually made to mimic the OEM hoods w/ the factory air box that seals against the 6-bbl style air cleaner base.
1 371 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
03/27/24 05:51 PM
I used to have a 1968 Chrysler 300 convertible.
Black with red interior, white top, 440 auto TNT car.
I have yet to come across another one in same color combo, In ANY engine combination. And have only found maybe 3 or 4 drop tops that were TNT cars.

Unfortunately, I lost it in a fire several years back and the burnt hulk was junked. Still have the fender tag as a reminder though!

81 24,316 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/27/24 05:41 PM
Yeah we had to move back to Vegas to take care of my wife's parents, father really. he passed away a little over a year ago and her mom is doping great. We have been exploring possibly moving again, but that's on hold for now. I think we will wait until my wife is ready to stop working for good. Most of our kids live here and grandkids as well. Just one kid and grandchild in Cali.

Yes we have moved a lot. The military will do that to you. We loved our very short time in Versailles, and regret selling the house for a couple reasons. But no property manager would get onboard with us renting it. So the IRS won BIG.
50 7,686 Read More
03/27/24 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Kam*Kuda
I thought I was heavy at 3800lbs

No doubt! I'm 3,800 lbs. with a full tank of gas and 50 lbs. in the trunk.

Been 10.0's @ 133 and I thought that was pretty decent!
7 671 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/27/24 04:48 PM
The average age of a car owned by an American is 12 years old. That means MANY cars are much older than that. (Yes many are newer as well- averages) The people who own a 12 year old car and older are probably living paycheck to paycheck and cannot afford the average auto repair which is around $600. The manufacturers are not giving an option- but forcing people to buy a new car. The same people who cannot afford a new car with cash and probably are a high risk to lend money to for a new car. A vicious unnecessary cycle. I really like cars and truck made between 99 and 2010. Modern enough to be comfy efficient and reliable- low tech enough to where I can still do the brakes suspension and maintenance- and low tech enough to where a competent independent shop can perform the complicated diags and repairs.
19 755 Read More
03/27/24 04:29 PM
i like those cars too dad !
i owned a 64[1/2] way back with a 273/pushbutton 904 combo.
that thing ran like stink and got 26 mpg on the interstate driving back and forth to work.
however, my old man killed it when he dead centered a phone pole in the middle of a field to avoid running into a guy that stopped in front of him abruptly.
beer
1,547 454,821 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
03/27/24 04:24 PM
The Roadkill Knights car built by American Legends/Corrupt Builds. Dodge gave builders/influencers a Hellcrate and they built and raced them at Roadkill knights in Detroit. Cool car.
2 349 Read More
03/27/24 04:11 PM
Nothing wrong with an ORB fitting but not sure I would ever run one from Amazon.....
31 2,564 Read More
03/27/24 03:25 PM
While draining the oil from the Daytona Saturday I pulled the magnetic drain plug and out with it came a 1" piece of steel???? Upon further investigation I realized it was part of a broken cotter pin. The only thing that I could think of that had a cotter pin inside the engine was the swinging pickup. So off with the oil pan! Well sure enough one leg of the cotter pin that holds the pickup into the bulkhead had broken off. Glad I had that magnetic drain plug. Not that the piece was going to fit through the screen of the pick up but the fact that I found it and replaced it before the other leg broke off and the pick up cocked sideways and stopped swinging or possibly fell off completely. I don't remember exactly how old the pickup assembly is but I would guess 12 seasons or more.
0 207 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/27/24 03:01 PM
My Craftsman Impact Wrench messed up. It screams the throttle valve and seat are bad from the way it acts but I have not opened it up yet.

Unfortunately nobody makes those parts anymore that I can find by the original part number.

Sears had a habit of rebranding stuff from other manufacturers and often their Impacts were Ingersol rand.

Anybody know where to get parts or recognize this as a rebranded version of another wrench?

Model # 875198650
0 81 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/27/24 02:43 PM
Watching a video for Chryslers on The Murray.It looks like a great lots a mix of Chryslers,I think it's in Australia. up drive
18 888 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
03/27/24 02:28 PM
Any idea what this is from? It measures 28" long. Thanks in advance, WINGNUT
0 125 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/27/24 02:03 PM
Reached out to my buddy in development activity there, he said it's 100% gloom and doom, his whole department was gutted, they even ---+canned his supervisor... there is only him and one other guy flapping in the breeze and zero plans to make adjustments to workflow. I'm sending him every lead that comes my way.

I guess when you're not developing anything and don't have any plans to in the future, then you don't need any development people?

As if we need a reminder, there is only one actual Chrysler branded vehicle being sold, and it won't be long before it's considered outdated garbage
just like they all do with everything (right after they fix all the bugs with it, they throw it away.)

I'm guessing they probably expect to either hire people back again later, or farm out most of it to the supply base, or transition to europe origin parts in the scope of his activity.

Things sound really bad.
9 531 Read More
03/27/24 01:09 PM
I also used the 17059 marine gasket no problems
12 733 Read More
Mopar Connection Magazine
03/27/24 12:52 PM
[Linked Image]

If you’re going to talk the talk, you better be able to walk the walk is how the saying goes, and Mopar enthusiasts are apt to sniff out which companies are truly walking the walk. At last weekend’s Musclecars at The Strip, the team at Milodon brought out its dual-turbo 540ci alcohol-injected project car, an all-steel 1969 Dodge Charger to make a few passes.

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:
0 72 Read More
Gen III Hemi Tech
03/27/24 12:49 PM
Still famous BondoBob did excellent work repairing the underchassis and built an 8.50 cert cage with swingouts for this years ago.
3 174 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/27/24 12:31 PM
Cab already posted about this
6 585 Read More
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8