Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/22/24 07:26 PM
sorry but i dont have those parts
2 280 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/22/24 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Charger69RT8
1976 D100, A833OD, 318 w/ headers & Edelbrock performer 2176 intake. Cam is unknown, likely stock. If not, something near stock. Currently has the Carter TQ 9250S that was on it when I acquired the pickup a couple of years ago. And it is shot. Wiggle the primary throttle shaft and get a whistle. Although I'm a fan of the TQ's I've decided staying with one is too much hassle for this application. Going back to a 500 CFM 2 barrel might be best but that would require buying an intake and a carb. At new prices that's approaching EFI throttle body injection like fitech, Holley, etc. So for this reason I am hoping to find a small 4-barrel (600-650 cfm) that fits the intake, is dependable, and pretty much a bolt on and go.

Looking at Eldelbrock Performers 1406, AVS2, Demon 1900 or 1901. Others? Thanks in advance for all tips and recommendations.

IMO, a spreadbore carb (Thermoquad, Quadrajet, Holley 4175) would be the best option for your truck.

Years ago, I had a 1985 Dodge D150 with the 318 2bbl. I removed the stock 2bbl intake & carb and installed a used Edelbrock Performer 2176 intake and rebuilt Rochester Quadrajet from a late 1980s Dodge Truck 360 V8.

It was the best mod I ever did to my truck. More power. Fuel economy and drivability improved. The truck would start instantly - hot, warm, cold - almost like EFI.

I personally prefer the Quadrajet over the Thermoquad for reliability and performance. The Q-Jet was installed on 1985 to 1988 Dodge Trucks & B-Vans with the 360 V8 from the factory.

A rebuilt Thermoquad would be the easiest option for you (if you can find a good one). Scott Smith at Harms Auto rebuilds TQs. https://www.harmsauto.com/

The Holley 4175 spreadbore is a nice carb but is very expensive. https://www.holley.com/products/fue...ors/emissions_replacement/parts/0-80555C

An Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock AVS2, Holley 4160 or Holley Street Demon carb in the 500-600 cfm range would be a good choice as well (and they are easier to find).

Note: You will need a squarebore to spreadbore adapter to mount these carbs on your Edelbrock Performer 2176 intake.

https://www.edelbrock.com/carb-adap...drajet-thermo-quad-spread-bore-2696.html

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...cers/adapters_and_spacers/parts/300-6QFT

If you want to buy new - check out the 570 cfm Holley Street Avenger or 625 cfm Street Demon. I don't have experience with either carb but these are the two I would look at.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

37 1,629 Read More
Moparts Race Cars / Parts/Tools/Trailers
04/22/24 06:51 PM
One pair of new 440Source rocker arms. 1.70 ratio. Standard big block offset. This is a spare set that I had, engine is gone so I no longer need the spares. Sell the pair for $40 including shipping. PM me on the board. PayPal preferred for payment. Thanks.
48 6,769 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
04/22/24 06:06 PM
Most bag system for trucks are made for raising the height, but they can also be set up to lower one.

Found these guys as a sample of whats out there

https://www.cjcoffroad.com/products...HcMkxkKlSm03YF-DhaEeluwEijrIEgWvNzF1wiUE

Also might check out this forum

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/adding-air-bags-to-ram-2500.184308/
6 205 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
04/22/24 06:01 PM
ok - just didn't need to clog up the forum if not really required - thanks for the responses thumbs

So in the spirit of making things easier to maintain, over the weekend I made three strategically-placed holes in the floor to give me full access to the gas tank, including removing the sending unit to replace the fuel pump - all without having to drop the tank (and cover, and armor, and and and), and I'll make three matching bolt-on trap door panels to cover things up -

[Linked Image]

First - sending unit. There's two braces that meet up under the floor, and I cut away as much panel as I could without cutting into the braces, just to have something to start with, and lucked out because I can juuuust squeeze out the sending unit as-is :thumbsup: - and I highly recommend the sending unit ring clamp tool - like $30 on Amazon and WELL worth the $ -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Next - the OE fuel level system uses whateverthehell ohms range (still don't know for certain), so I'm using a stand-alone 8" float assembly from ISSPRO that matches my gauges, with the respective 240-33 ohms rating; drilled the hole, and I can reach inside the tank and I'll use a nice ring clamp to secure the 5 bolts from the bottom -

[Linked Image]

here's a look inside the tank - there's about...I dunno...1/4" between the bottom of the float and the bottom of the tank...so I'll have a bit 'more' after the gauge reads empty smile

[Linked Image]

other side -

[Linked Image]

Next - return line. My Holley Sniper EFI needs a return line, and I got this nice return line kit from EFI Systems Pro - same place I got the Sniper from - great place and great tech support -

[Linked Image]

Float and return line installed - little heat and the OE plastic return line tubing slid right over the new fitting, and used an EFI clamp to make sure it stay's put -

[Linked Image]

Next - the main vent. Wanted to be able to access the main vent and fuel full/vent tubes, so out came the deathwheel and another hole in the floor is made -

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
23 1,541 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/22/24 05:49 PM
Former Spokane Continental Baking employees meet monthly... please post on Facebook, might have good leads

monthly meeting
5 435 Read More
04/22/24 05:16 PM
Doug...I had the same issue in 2021 w/ an Isky hydraulic roller. Was in a good friend's boat with a 440" sb chevy. The cam had been run roughly 5 summers, but not a ton of run time. I'd built it originally in 2016.
It had 3 lobes that looked like yours when I took it apart. They also said bad heat treat.
12 1,183 Read More
04/22/24 05:04 PM
The first one will pull more out of the basement the second one will make just a little more power.

No point turning a 225 much over 4200 or so without Headwork and a better intake and exhaust. The tight centerline will be great for what he wants to do. The overdrive 4 speed will be perfect for it.

I'd go with the first one, you'll never see the extra 15 hp up top in with van aerodynamics anyway. The second cam would be perfect in a light car like a 64 Valiant
1 205 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/22/24 04:49 PM
0 125 Read More
Moparts Truck / Vans / Jeep / Willys
04/22/24 04:33 PM
2023 Ram 3500 Tradesman Cummins price lowered to $62,000 firm
3 934 Read More
04/22/24 04:19 PM
Thanks! We can't figure it out. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!! wave
4 292 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/22/24 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by 426runner
With engine running, pedal feels like power brakes with the engine off.

With the engine off, can you feel a slight free play in the pedal before it meets resistance? If not, check this.
4 314 Read More
04/22/24 03:47 PM
I have a Safecraft in one of my cars. I have the bottle mounted on the cage behind my driver's seat. One triple spray pattern nozzle mounted under the dash pointing towards me and one triple spray pattern nozzle in the engine compartment towards the engine. No ides what the whole system weighs? Never weighed it individually.
1 154 Read More
04/22/24 03:09 PM
When "Jay" ran Woodburn, OR drag strip back in the mid 2000s he was the cheapest track manager that I had ran into while drag racing since 1964 rant down
I went to his end of the season race in October of 2005, I enter Pro bracket and went to the 1/4 finals on Sunday, $75.00 entry fee for both days,170+ cars entered into the Pro bracket racing on Sunday. I went up the tower to get paid, it was my first race there, and was told they didn't pay 1/4 finals shock When I asked about what they paid exactly they told me they only paid winner and runner ups. I ask how much they paid I was told $150. and $75.00, talk about being greedy and cheap down rant puke
I'm not sure what the total entries were that weekend as they had all three NHRA brackets as well as several other specialty groups racing like stick shift cars and other non bracket cars, maybe including Stock and Super Stock shoot ou shruggyt

170 times $75.00 = $12,750.00 plus all the other entry fees.
I decided I would not go back there for any of their regular races down boogie hammer
The announcer made mention that Jay would be going to Hawaii for the winter in his 2nd home over their after that race down mad rant hammer
4 571 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/22/24 03:05 PM
I recently transported a 68 Coronet wind tunnel model that was used for testing radiators. It was in MCG in 2023. I wonder how many are still out there? shruggy
2 230 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/22/24 02:45 PM
If it still open: Huffman Auto Body in Sharon, PA. Just over the border with Ohio
Dave Huffman.
7 553 Read More
Moparts Engines
04/22/24 02:33 PM
I'm selling a really nice original air cleaner base plate for 426 Hemi. round one 300.00
69-71 Hemi oil pan and windage tray 200.00
4235 4236 Crossram carbs 1800.00
restored wide pad rocker assemblies 2600.00
Crossram intake set up, intake, 4235 4236 carbs and linkage and bolts, FHO polished lids. Very nice and complete 3400.00
lots more extra parts

Dave's Hot Rod Garage
734-231-070five please text and I'll send photos.
Thank you for the ad!
15 2,351 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/22/24 01:43 PM
Tank is a German army Leopard
8 774 Read More
Mopar Connection Magazine
04/22/24 01:29 PM
[Linked Image]

The restoration of our 2006 former police Dodge Charger has progressed well. It is in the final stages of painting and quickly moving towards the start of reassembly. The Charger was selected as a project because I wanted a late-model electronic fuel-injected Hemi to assess and evaluate. I own a few Dodge products, but all have old-school engines and transmissions, and all are carbureted. To catch up on the progress thus far, check out the previous installments about the Charger.

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:
0 39 Read More
04/22/24 01:15 PM
Last couple helmets for me have been Impact.

They fit tight enough and are still comfortable.
49 4,201 Read More
04/22/24 01:09 PM
I'm pretty decent at electricical. I've had this same issue on my wifes 67 jeep Gladiator. New sender ( 2 different styles) read correctly out of the tank when hooked up to the truck harness. It appears to read correctly when installed disconnected from the truck harness and checked with an ohmeter. I have an adjustable resitance box. When I connect that to the harness at the tank, the factory gauge the gauge reads correctly. I ran new wiring from the sender by passing the cluster connection directly to the gauge. The result? it reads 3/4 at full, still has plenty of fuel on E. Doesn't make any sence to me.
Doug
8 741 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/22/24 12:37 PM
If you enlarge the picture you can see the base is fiberglass...and the lid appears to be glass as well as there are no holes for the studs/wingnuts yet.
...old Year One stuff....
If the filters are new, still a pretty good deal for everything.
1 272 Read More
Member Projects & Survivor Pictures
04/22/24 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by UCUDANT
In my opinion this is undoubtedly one of the coolest threads ever. I absolutely love what your doing and how your doing it. Great job, amazing car/effort and thanks for sharing the details. up
thank you.
167 83,412 Read More
04/22/24 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by Bad340fish
So I got the tool, got the bushing and set out to do this task today. I am sure the tool would work great. However my issue was that the extension housing bushing went inside the transmission so there was no bushing at all locating things. So I ended up removing the tailshaft anyways and that wasn't a bad job at all.

I have no idea what would have caused the old bushing to walk forward into the trans. It didn't spin and it looked just fine.

I would be green loctiting the replacement in , it shouldn't have walked.

The thought crossed my mind, but I didn't have any and situated the car in a way I could not close the garage up and leave. 2 car garage wrenching problems.
29 1,445 Read More
04/22/24 05:58 AM
You can pry the chrome bezel off the handle using a putty knife.
I ended up sanding/filing the plug, the cavity in the handle, and the bezel.
Everything almost had enough clearance
It works like a charm now.
All it took was a couple of hours of work...
9 845 Read More
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3