Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
03/27/24 07:32 PM
$500
9 484 Read More
03/27/24 07:30 PM
That won't last long. Even with a bad transmission.
9 484 Read More
Gen III Hemi Tech
03/27/24 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Doright
I put 6.1 pistons in a 5.7 with Eagle heads and big cam makes great power @ 10.5 to 1 with a mild tune.

Can you share any more details on it? Stock 6.1 pistons and 5.7 crank? What are the cam specs and power numbers?
4 442 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
03/27/24 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by cl440
Only way it gets close is if the heads are fully ported equal to the 345CC versions and the cam is large enough to support the airflow needed to make 900hp. I think its gonna be good but fall somewhere in the 850 range give or take 20.

It does have the CNC 345 heads on it and the cam specs on the old build sheet are 282/290 R113. I'm not sure if that is an old Indy cam or not. Customer's carb is a Holley 80672 1050 three circuit. It was way too rich so we swapped on the dyno room 1050.
11 1,083 Read More
03/27/24 06:24 PM
Yeah, but it was about 25 years ago when I got a very nice hood for my '73 Challenger from them. I can't even say if it's the same people running the business these days. shruggy

Funny you bring US Body Source up, since they seem to be one of the few 'glass companies who still offers a T/A-style hood for the E-body Challenger. Since AAR / Stinger closed, I don't know that there's a reliable source for one these days... certainly nothing that is actually made to mimic the OEM hoods w/ the factory air box that seals against the 6-bbl style air cleaner base.
1 287 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/27/24 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by CrAzYMoPaRGuY
First MoPar I bought was the same car I'm finishing now.... 40 years ago paid $150.

The pentastar on the pumpkin is a nice touch.
90 4,053 Read More
03/27/24 06:11 PM
not close enough for me to take advantage of this low offer
9 484 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
03/27/24 05:51 PM
I used to have a 1968 Chrysler 300 convertible.
Black with red interior, white top, 440 auto TNT car.
I have yet to come across another one in same color combo, In ANY engine combination. And have only found maybe 3 or 4 drop tops that were TNT cars.

Unfortunately, I lost it in a fire several years back and the burnt hulk was junked. Still have the fender tag as a reminder though!

81 24,148 Read More
Moparts A Body
03/27/24 05:50 PM
From a low mileage 1970 Dart. May fit other years? Nice condition. $50 plus shipping. No Paypal. U.S. money order only. VEIGHTPETE@GMAIL.COM
87 15,978 Read More
03/27/24 05:42 PM
Anybody use u s body glass
1 287 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/27/24 05:41 PM
Yeah we had to move back to Vegas to take care of my wife's parents, father really. he passed away a little over a year ago and her mom is doping great. We have been exploring possibly moving again, but that's on hold for now. I think we will wait until my wife is ready to stop working for good. Most of our kids live here and grandkids as well. Just one kid and grandchild in Cali.

Yes we have moved a lot. The military will do that to you. We loved our very short time in Versailles, and regret selling the house for a couple reasons. But no property manager would get onboard with us renting it. So the IRS won BIG.
50 7,613 Read More
03/27/24 05:30 PM
Heck yeah
9 484 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/27/24 05:26 PM
I,.......fail to understand what the issue is here?

Wait: the issue appears to be CarScoops "click bait". smirk Sour grapes? Ram never gave them a Fuel Card and a loaded Half-Ton to drive for free for 6 months? pity

Turbo 1 and Turbo 2 are 60 and 110 lb-ft of torque MORE than the 5.7. For starters, does anyone have any idea what an additional 60, let alone 110 torque feels like in the seat? And, at LESS rpm?

They are comparing their 2024 numbers with 5.7 E-Torque. NOT apples to apples. Turbo 1 and Turbo 2 do not have a 48 volt generator and battery on them.

Look at the '24 Classic WITHOUT E-Torque for a fair comparison. Turbo 2 and Turbo 1 are a 1 and 4mpg improvement, which is significant! See attached.

I see NO downsides to the Hurricane engines: Better fuel mileage, AND more power at an rpm you can use. What is the problem here? shruggy

As far as being a little more complicated: all of Our hands are tied on this, get over it. The 5.7 has it's own history of miserable problems both computer and mechanical. Not a popular opinion, but an inline six is bullet-proof. At least you'll be able to change a cooked turbo out on one of these in an afternoon instead of tearing a 5.7 half apart to do lifters or a cam.

A lot of People thought the 5.9 Cummins was a pissy little joke compared to the Mighty Detroit 6.2 and 6.5 Blunder Motors, and Internationals' 6.9 and 7.3 How did that work out for Chrysler Corp? I guess Cummins was so bad Ford sold their Stock position in them. wink

Lastly, Premium Fuel: NOT an issue. Even the article says "Ram recommends the use of premium fuel to achieve those power figures, but regular gas will get those miles per gallon". I've run 2, high compression 3.5 Nissans, since new, and a combined mileage of 370,000. They both have giant stickers inside the fuel cap "USE PREMIUM FUEL ONLY". 99% of those miles were on Regular. The 1% I tried Premium there was absolutely ZERO difference in mileage and power. And they have yet to "blow up".

You have other problems if you need that extra 8hp you might get with Premium.

18 1,125 Read More
03/27/24 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Kam*Kuda
I thought I was heavy at 3800lbs

No doubt! I'm 3,800 lbs. with a full tank of gas and 50 lbs. in the trunk.

Been 10.0's @ 133 and I thought that was pretty decent!
7 629 Read More
03/27/24 04:59 PM
9 484 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/27/24 04:57 PM
Awesome work.

Great Pics up
30 2,918 Read More
03/27/24 04:50 PM
Cool video, I watched it the other night at work.

Dennis
7 629 Read More
03/27/24 04:49 PM
Now...you said "pipes" - I'm looking to run just a single exhaust pipe, not duals. Were you referring to dual 2.5s, or a single?

...and yah I've been wrong many times too...which is why I surround myself with lots of smart people...and why I post questions like these and ask for multiple second opinions smile thumbs
4 308 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
03/27/24 04:48 PM
The average age of a car owned by an American is 12 years old. That means MANY cars are much older than that. (Yes many are newer as well- averages) The people who own a 12 year old car and older are probably living paycheck to paycheck and cannot afford the average auto repair which is around $600. The manufacturers are not giving an option- but forcing people to buy a new car. The same people who cannot afford a new car with cash and probably are a high risk to lend money to for a new car. A vicious unnecessary cycle. I really like cars and truck made between 99 and 2010. Modern enough to be comfy efficient and reliable- low tech enough to where I can still do the brakes suspension and maintenance- and low tech enough to where a competent independent shop can perform the complicated diags and repairs.
19 694 Read More
03/27/24 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Brad_Haak
Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted by Kam*Kuda
I thought I was heavy at 3800lbs

iagree The first time I saw this class on a flier I got excited, then realized it was a 4200 lb minimum! Some bad rides show up to those streetcar takeover events.

My 1320 w/ my big butt in the seat scaled 4420 at MIR a couple of weeks ago. Now I just need to find another 1000 HP and a durable drive train to handle it all...

Yeah those new cars are ridiculously heavy. I guess 25 miles of wiring, 15 computers, and sound deadening add up!
Just throw a couple turbos on it Brad!
7 629 Read More
03/27/24 04:39 PM
i would think you will be fine with the 2 1/2" pipes, especially since you said it's all in by 4500rpm.
just my opinion, and i have been WRONG many times ! biggrin
beer
4 308 Read More
03/27/24 04:30 PM
members helping each other out is priceless ! up bow
beer
2 312 Read More
03/27/24 04:29 PM
i like those cars too dad !
i owned a 64[1/2] way back with a 273/pushbutton 904 combo.
that thing ran like stink and got 26 mpg on the interstate driving back and forth to work.
however, my old man killed it when he dead centered a phone pole in the middle of a field to avoid running into a guy that stopped in front of him abruptly.
beer
1,547 453,529 Read More
03/27/24 04:24 PM
The Roadkill Knights car built by American Legends/Corrupt Builds. Dodge gave builders/influencers a Hellcrate and they built and raced them at Roadkill knights in Detroit. Cool car.
2 300 Read More
03/27/24 04:19 PM
thanks Zippy ! bow

when i finally got it running again late last year, i played around with the tune a little, and it helped quite a bit. i'm going to play with it more this year in hopes of a slight improvement.
one thing i have done lately, is repair the [very] crusty inner fender under the battery box. even though the car only has almost 19k original miles, the batteries over the years have played the devil on the battery tray and inner fender.
i found a [way] smaller battery that has a bunch of cranking amps, so i made a new battery tray from stainless, and incorporated it into the inner fender repair.
i know the purists will be offended, but this car is really not anything special, and my ownership began with me buying it as a "total" back in 1970 when i worked at a body shop.
since it got back on the road after being repaired, it has never been "stock", so i don't mind modifying it whenever i feel like it. especially since under my stewardship, i have beat on it every chance i get. biggrin
i also ordered a new driveshaft from action machine. 3 1/2" .083 wall with solid 1350 joints. i'll find the next weak link, then reinforce it.
last year, i replaced the steel wheel/dog dish setup on the front with american 5 spoke wheels, and that really changed the cars look.
this year, new carpet [the old original stuff is just old and turning to dust], drive shaft and front loop [loop ready to install] and possibly new rear wheels.
the next caretaker will REALLY hate me if he wants to restore the car, but oh well ! laugh2
beer
19 1,292 Read More
Page 4 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 41 42