Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 09:10 AM
Facebook Marketplace is the go to standard for buying and selling in 2024. When I get the dumb trade offers and lowball offers, I block that person. Talking about Facebook MP. At least then that same person can't bug me again.
9 221 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 09:02 AM
It looked like they had the mod squad challenger convertable and the phantasm 2 movie cuda there too. driveAnd alot of wing cars,challengers, roadrunners drive
4 207 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 07:28 AM
I was taken by surprise when my Shelby Daytona sold. Younger kid came out and looked, seemed pretty impressed, said he had to talk to his dad about it.
3-days later he says he'll take it. We arrange a time for pickup.... he comes out, pays cash. Drives car away.

Didn't argue one bit about the price. I did have to put a new master cylinder in the car but that was no big deal.
Usually, selling cars is like pulling teeth. I'm also cursed in the fact that every car that I've brought back from the dead and sold; gets destroyed. So, I'm hoping this one breaks that curse.

But other than with the Shelby.... selling stuff has been a never ending nightmare. People asking ridiculous questions that could be easily answered by a simple Google Search. Trying to trade things that are worthless. Asking to halve the asking price or more. I was asking $7500 for the Shelby. The week before the kid bought it I had some woman from one town over offer .... and I quote: "I'll give you $2300 - take it or leave it." Like..... the audacity of some people. I can't tell if it's bravado or ignorance anymore.
9 221 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 05:53 AM
This is too funny. The old guys in nascar country were not mentioned.

Go look on pettysgarage.com and see the singed car they are tying to flip and use as current marketing. Only 43k.
9 297 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/25/24 05:38 AM
What VIN stamp?
6 1,036 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/25/24 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by fullonmopar
I think the early ones up to 64 were 1820654 and small pinion

Yes , the one pictured above is definitely a 489 , they are the only one with the large cast 9

I'm confused, where do you see a "LARGE Cast 9" ? confused
How about the first picture next to the carrier adjuster cap area scope up
12 617 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by Kudakidd
What are your thoughts regarding a celebrity signing your car? Does it add to the value, or who cares?
down work twocents
9 297 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 05:12 AM
Originally Posted by stumpy
Just kepp ignoring the "will you take" clowns.There is a real buyer out there somewhere.Don't give up and don't give it away.

Cool, yeah that's my thought too. No rush to sell on our end, so won't be giving it away.
9 221 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 04:07 AM
iagree
9 297 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/25/24 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by Mr T2U
inspect CLOSELLY before buying.
after seeing this pic. you can easily see the mask line on the grill.. the latches and rubber bumps stops painted i wonder what else they hacked up.
these parts are easily removed before painting. if they don't do this simple job i wonder what they did when things got difficult?

Agreed, I'd also want some good pic's of the underside and interior. up
But for 22 if it is solid rust wise might be worth it. Doesn't help I've always wanted a big Chrysler drop top frown and then there's that RESALE RED color 😁
6 729 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/25/24 03:42 AM
Wichita aka “KID” is a dump. I’m not surprised at all there was no payout. It will happen again as I’m sure they are pocketing everything.
30 2,088 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 03:39 AM
I'm in the who cares category beer
9 297 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by ruderunner
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the bulkhead connector. We know how great they were on Mopars, GM wasn't much better.

Also a convenient place to put a test light as you work through the circuit.

Agreed and a great place to lose current wink
28 1,088 Read More
04/25/24 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by ruderunner
Theory on why senders read full during a dry test vs actual use.

We're adjusting the senders and assuming the float will reach the top of the tank.

We're forgetting about air space above the fuel and the fact that the float won't touch the top of the tank in operation.

If someone is in this process, try setting the float for an inch gap from the top of the tank.

Why do you believe there is air space at the top of the tank? IF the filler neck on say a 68-70 Charger is full of fuel, how could there be an air space ?
I'll refer to my earlier post #3227987 for my thoughts

I'm beginning to think it may have something to do with the buoyancy of the float, possibly coupled with today's fuels or weight of the arm
shruggy
18 1,314 Read More
04/25/24 03:30 AM
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by fullonmopar
I think the early ones up to 64 were 1820654 and small pinion

Yes , the one pictured above is definitely a 489 , they are the only one with the large cast 9

I'm confused, where do you see a "LARGE Cast 9" ? confused
12 617 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 03:28 AM
Selling life was easier when all there was were the Thrifty Nickel papers, and/or a grocery store parking lot at the end of the street where you could park the vehicle with a for sale sign and your phone number on it. If it was priced right it would be gone in a week or two. Today you have used car sales people looking for easy flip material trying to get it as cheap as possible, and tons of people who act like they want something and never show up to look at it.

I sell parts on CL occasionally and get some strange calls and no shows as part of it.
9 221 Read More
04/25/24 03:23 AM
What year did Mopar start stamping HP on blocks?
4 222 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 03:16 AM
Just kepp ignoring the "will you take" clowns.There is a real buyer out there somewhere.Don't give up and don't give it away.
9 221 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 03:07 AM
The show was great this year, the Swap Meet was as big as I have ever seen it and the car show was packed on Saturday. Kudos to the CPW Club for putting on the show.
4 207 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/25/24 03:07 AM
I got ahold of him, thanks
11 796 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/25/24 02:48 AM
Looking to reconnect with our 1968 Charger. We built it in the early 90's and sold it in 2003ish. We are in Wisconsin and I think we sold it to a guy in KY or TN. We saw it at Monster Mopar in St. Louis once or twice around 2008-2010. It looked about the same except someone air brushed a rose on the quarter sail panel. Any leads would be appreciated!

Mike Knoebel
Waukesha, WI
2 six 2 - 227 - four 984
0 183 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 02:37 AM
We listed my dad's 73 D200 on facebook marketplace about a month ago. Many people have messaged, one person has come to see it. A very common message is someone asking if I'd take $xxxx before they've even seen it in person. So far I've been basically ignoring those, because I can't imagine any serious buyer make any kind of a legimiate offer before seeing it, and I think the offer would only go down once they actually see it and can start pointing out x, y and z that make it worth less.

I knew selling it would be a PITA. But just wondering what approach you all have found successful. Do you price it way higher than you want, knowing that people are going to "offer" (putting it in quotes because I don't believe it's a real offer if they haven't seen it in person) less before even seeing it? Do you just ignore them, or are those people actually serious in your experience?

Is there anything you guys put in the text of the ad to weed out those people? I'm thinking I don't want to put "don't make an offer before you come and see it" because I wouldn't know if I'm dealing with the same bonehead that would have sent an offer without seeing it. And if I tell him not to make an offer without seeing it, I don't want that same bonehead asking about coming to see if they're not serious about that either.
9 221 Read More
Corners Are Best - Handling Tech
04/25/24 01:47 AM
So do inline (V8) powered motorcycles have that same torque reaction?
A transverse motor orientation is the ideal I suppose.
21 3,021 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/25/24 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by poorboy

Yep, I believe drilling the mounting holes a bit larger diameter solved that problem, it seems to me the threaded holes in the 273 and the 318 heads were at a slightly different angles. Opening up the holes on the intake allowed the bolts to be threaded into the heads and the slight difference in the angles didn't cause any sealing issues. But it was a long time ago.

Exactly right, that's how I put a Performer intake on my 65 273.
8 519 Read More
04/25/24 01:36 AM
1972 is when net horsepower numbers were generally given.

Before that it was gross horsepower.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower#SAE_gross_power
6 336 Read More
Page 3 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 37 38