Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Moparts Question and Answer
04/19/24 05:22 AM
Sometime in the past someone "re-wired" the truck wiring harness and wired all four lights as turn/brake lights. I'll have to see what it will take to wire the backup lights back in.

The backup lenses and tail/brake lenses are interchangeable, correct?
15 771 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 04:46 AM
I could have picked up a '68 AMX 390 4 speed car a dozen or so years ago for not a lot of money. Rust free Arizona car. I let it slip away. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
21 811 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/19/24 03:59 AM
Kramer Automotive has a lot of these discontinued parts. I will check their prices
4 406 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by 69hemibeep
Black

Didn’t see it, I must of already left
21 811 Read More
Moparts Race Cars / Parts/Tools/Trailers
04/19/24 03:36 AM
Holley 950 HP DoublePumper CARBURETOR
List Number 80496
Rebuilt ready to go
$400 obo plus the ride
paypal or usps money order accepted
located 99323 SE WA
46 5,814 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 02:58 AM
No Clue but it likely won't be cheap. might watch C/L and FBM. Anoother thought would be to check with local suppliers and you might be able to get a used one when a shop is buying a new one shruggy beer
2 199 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by MarkZ
TCI junk sure, but a quality piece from Turbo Action and likes have been $800+ for years now.

iagree if not more. The B&M crap and others were just that. If you want a good converter 🤑. I bought a few from Dynamic and the last one wasn't much better that a B&M POS. TCI was junk, cleaned up some when owned by Comp Cams, then went back to junk as Comp did when they were bought out twocents
9 616 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/19/24 02:46 AM
PM sent
4 313 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
04/19/24 02:46 AM
Anyone find a good aftermarket aluminum version of this rad? Rock Auto has one listed but googling the brand they sell comes up with some not so great reviews.
0 36 Read More
04/19/24 02:44 AM
Specializing in the resto / repair for classic cars for ~25 years I have lost hundreds if not thousands of hours fighting the issue across all makes and models. The compensator made by Tanks sometimes will resolve the issue IF your close (within 1/4 tank). Several years back Spectre said they were going to resolve the issue but gave up. Myself I don't understand why it is so difficult. They will OHM out correctly on the bench, and in and empty tank flipping it upside down for full. In the car with fuel, usually have to settle for being off at full or empty. I have chosen to read 3/4 when full and empty when a gallon or two is still in the tank.
I'm beginning to think it may have something to do with the buoyancy of the float, possibly coupled with today's fuels or weight of the arm
twocents beer
3 230 Read More
04/19/24 02:39 AM
What's not to love? 👍 👍 👍
6 444 Read More
04/19/24 02:33 AM
Looking at installing a Mercedes fan in my '68 Newport. I have a 90 amp Powermaster Alternator, and 2, 10-gauge charge keads running from the alternator to the starter relay. The ammeter bypass has long since been done, even my headlights have their own harness and relays. My question is then, with only 100 amp high beam headlights and the Mercedes fan as my only high amp draw accesories, will a 90 amp alternator keep up?
1 82 Read More
04/19/24 02:30 AM
Whether I like the car or not, I think if the frames, floors, and trunk are solid, a running, driving, complete 70 B Body for $10K seems like a pretty good deal. Need some better pics but on a car like that you better jump.
1 158 Read More
04/19/24 02:29 AM
Clean used Edelbrocks and Carters Competition Series AFBs can be found pretty easily for cheap, and the average dude can set them up to make them work really good for almost anything less than an all out drag car. I see local people selling like new carburetors of all makes because they got flustered when it didn't work right so they cave and buy an EFI setup meaning someone else gets a good deal on a low mile carburetor that just needs some attention.

Set the float drops in both directions (important), and then put the jetting back to stock if it has been altered and adjust from there. Most gripes from these carburetors come from dirt getting in them, stalling when turning or hard stopping (all float setting related), and heat soak. Run a filter in front of and after the fuel pump. Set the float drop measurements to perfect even if it takes some time, and the heat soak thing you have to run a good base insulator gasket, and possibly look at your fuel line routing and maybe some rubber insulation over the metal line at worst. I've never had to do that on any of mine, but some have had to. It's ok you just do what is needed for your situation.

The best thing about a new carburetor is you get a warranty if needed, and the fact that nobody has monkeyed with it. The bad thing is none of them come really ready to use right out of the box, and it's worth reading the instructions and checking things over first. They are build by people in a hurry so things may be off enough to warrant fixing/adjusting before use. I'm familiar with the AFB type carbs enough to know that the floats on those need to be verified as they are often wrong. Not a deal breaker you just know it needs checked before you use them.
24 863 Read More
04/19/24 02:20 AM
Firm Feel makes a rear sway bar kit for a 76 Charger, similar mounting as to factory. They might have what you need?
6 106 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/19/24 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Speedmaster. Part number prefix PCE. Pro Comp Electronics. Remember them? Pirates from way back.

Doesn't matter. Looks like Speedmaster has been scrubbed from Summit and Jegs. Probably afraid of the legal ramifications of selling the crap. I guess guys will have to go to Amazon, eBay and other quality retailers for their products moving forward.

I get mine shipped right from Speedmaster79. Gonna finish a set this weekend and start porting another set by Monday. 2.055 valve so they will flow 308-315cfm when finished.
31 2,929 Read More
04/19/24 02:15 AM
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/754507130144732

Going to look at this in the morning as a potential candidate for a father/son Superbird project. Besides the obvious quarter work needed, says its very clean. He is firm on price as well. Does this seem reasonable? He also has a set of good 70 buckets and a restored console that he wants to sell for $2000. Since the car is a column shift, probably not needing the console. What do you all think on these prices??
1 158 Read More
04/19/24 02:03 AM
So, no recommendation that fits with the O.P.'s needs, but plenty of attempts at insults.

Typical.
24 863 Read More
04/19/24 01:51 AM
My Impact 1320 just arrived.

Very nice. Very, very nice. Removable cheek pads. Fits like a glove. Good peripheral vision. Able to get glasses on. Beautiful fit and finish. Made in USA.

Well worth the price and the wait. Very happy with that purchase.
42 3,585 Read More
04/19/24 01:50 AM
what year car?
6 106 Read More
04/19/24 01:40 AM
Speedmaster. Part number prefix PCE. Pro Comp Electronics. Remember them? Pirates from way back.

Doesn't matter. Looks like Speedmaster has been scrubbed from Summit and Jegs. Probably afraid of the legal ramifications of selling the crap. I guess guys will have to go to Amazon, eBay and other quality retailers for their products moving forward.
31 2,929 Read More
04/19/24 01:31 AM
WIW NOS E body 2895592 (W758) Clear windshield? Have not seen one to compare. Thanks in advance. Joe
0 92 Read More
04/19/24 01:29 AM
Rear sway bar in a B-body? New one on me. I thought the only ones with rear sway bars were E-bodies.
6 106 Read More
04/19/24 01:13 AM

Maybe contact Stephen's performance or someone similar who deals in such parts ??
4 406 Read More
04/19/24 01:07 AM
Guess nobody knows how to find out what the discontinued parts once sold for? shruggy
4 406 Read More
Page 2 of 44 1 2 3 4 43 44