Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/24/24 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by 440lebaron
napa 90379 0-20 lbs $10 find your pressure that's works best for car, then monitor with gauge, who cares if it reads 15.5 pounds and is really 16, save $30-$100

this advice right here. ^^^^^^^^^^ iagree
as almost no one "calibrates" their air pressure gauges, a quality gauge that repeats constantly will work perfectly well. pick what pressure works the best FOR YOU, then use the gauge you like and use it ONLY. the same deal applies to not lend out the gauge you use on YOUR vehicle.
beer
18 991 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/24/24 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Mr T2U
inspect CLOSELLY before buying.
after seeing this pic. you can easily see the mask line on the grill.. the latches and rubber bumps stops painted i wonder what else they hacked up.
these parts are easily removed before painting. if they don't do this simple job i wonder what they did when things got difficult?

I always look for that stuff too. Anyone who cuts those corners is cutting other corners too.
5 637 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/24/24 03:40 PM
I have that also, I'm trying to find a phone number.
10 643 Read More
Gen III Hemi Tech
04/24/24 03:26 PM
2015 2 dr short bed hemi 8 spd that i bought for a street strip toy. it has long tube headers and a tune from livernois and it now runs low 13s with a best of 13.08 @ 102 (4700 lbs. w/driver). I don't want to use boost or e85 just the basic bolt ons. looking for ideas for a cam especially, thanks.
1 106 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/24/24 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Has anyone tried swapping the float resistor from an original one into one of the replacements ?

Not easily done as the resistor board / connections are riveted and the wire is quite fragile. Good thought though. beer

plus, the float resistor is spot welded to the pickup tube. [at least mine is.] you would have to be extremely careful removing the float resistor from the new assembly, then you could silver solder the original float resistor to the stainless pickup tube.
and being a charger with the big side hole the filler tube goes in, i installed the sender when the tank was out and lifted and lowered the float arm while checking the resistance. [this checked out almost spot on at full and empty, and the dash gauge read real close to what it should at full and empty.] i figured everything was good to go, but when the tank was installed, the dash gauge ain't even close in operation, although a couple of times it did read full when the tank is full. yes, the tank and sender are both grounded well, with multiple ground attachments.
i'm wondering if the float [which is brass] is no good. however, that would not explain why the dash gauge reads full, occasionally.
it is rather irritating to be sure ! runaway
beer
16 1,164 Read More
04/24/24 03:13 PM
I have a set of you need some pictures.
4 411 Read More
04/24/24 03:08 PM
race cars are usually not a sound financial investment. Birdtracker
27 1,776 Read More
04/24/24 03:07 PM
i have made caps for wheels and wheel centers, such as on rallye wheels, several times from aluminum round stock.
depending on the application, they have been retained with o-rings, or V or round shaped retainers that bolt to the back side of the centers [for wheels] or epoxied into the rallye wheel type center.
i realize not everyone has access to a lathe or has a buddy with one, but just throwing this out there as an alternative.
i just made some centers to replace the loose plastic caps that were on a set of chrome plated "centers" that has holes for the [chrome] lug nuts to pass through, and adapted them to some slotted factory wheels that came on my junked 95 caravan.
i'm thinking these centers came on a late model [89-90 ?] dodge magnum. they were retained to the original wheel with three 1/4-20 self tapping bolts, even though the center has five lugs evenly spaced between the lug nut holes.
to mark where these retainer bolts would be drilled on the caravan wheels, i installed three pointed set screws into the center, put a dab of white paint on the points of the screws after i installed the set screws backwards [with the allen key hex into the centers], then carefully lined up the lugnut holes on the wheels and allowed the centers to just touch the wheels, allowing the paint on the screw tips to mark the caravan wheels when the centers were lowered to the wheels. lifted the centers and drilled the holes to 5/16" to allow for some slight adjustment of the lug nut holes.
the description of this procedure is not as difficult as it sounds, and is easier to do than one thinks. rallye wheel centers [early and late style] can be added to factory plain steel wheels the same way.
as the chrome on these centers was bad as well as the center caps missing, they were blasted, primed, and painted after the aluminum replacement center caps were epoxied into place.
as my caravan has the medium gray plastic [wide] side body moldings and bumper covers, i sprayed the wheels a tractor paint gray [massey-ferguson ?] and the centers a darker gray.
i then installed thin stainless trim rings [think 40-50's cars of most makes had these rings] and with the chrome nuts [which are the real deal and not those with the tin caps] makes for a very different look for a caravan wheel.
i also have "big and little" tires installed to make the "bus" look like a "racer". biggrin
beer
2 199 Read More
Mopar Connection Magazine
04/24/24 03:02 PM
[Linked Image]

Due to family obligations, work requirements, and advancing age, there comes a time when purchasing a restored vehicle is more advantageous than performing or paying for a time-consuming restoration. Acquiring a turnkey restored vehicle makes the experience enjoyable immediately. In 2021, Danny Holovacko of Canadensis, Pennsylvania, followed a plan of immediate satisfaction and purchased a restored 1966 Hemi Satellite.

Read the whole story at Mopar Connection Magazine HERE:
0 48 Read More
04/24/24 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by dvw
I don't do it strickly for money. However I wouldn't travel a long distance for poor payout either. No sense spending $1000 in fuel and entry to win $1000. Might as well stay closer to home for the same, equal. or even greater payout. If it wasn't for winnings and side work I couldn't field the car I run on my own. I likthe hobby. If I didn't I wouldn't work so hard to do everything myself and work to support it.
Doug
]

Then imagine how dumb we are. Leaving for St Louis on Monday, 3500 mile round trip. Even IF we won it might barely cover the cost of fuel, and food. Then there is hotels, fuel for the car, wear and tear, tires etc etc. We were runner up in St Louis last year left with enoug to cover part of the fuel bill...
27 1,776 Read More
04/24/24 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by GY3
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by GY3

Track sure has a nice facebook page

Not the same one.

I took a guess since you didn’t say.

I did. It's literally the first sentence. KID in Wichita.

Kansas International Dragway.

Whoops. Never heard of it.
27 1,776 Read More
04/24/24 02:35 PM
Hard to watch with it being so much political opinion and not much more. He also thinks we never went to the moon. down

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Uncle Tony on SpeedMaster and the Chinese invasion:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPQHbnh0Hr0

I agree with much of what he has to say on this subject, but I certainly DO NOT agree with his 'fix' at the end. Do you?
49 4,522 Read More
04/24/24 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by GY3

Not the same one.

I did. It's literally the first sentence. KID in Wichita.

Kansas International Dragway.
27 1,776 Read More
04/24/24 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by GY3

Not the same one.

27 1,776 Read More
04/24/24 02:17 PM
Get a hold of Dr Diff.
3 316 Read More
04/24/24 02:14 PM
I have a couple left over rolls Silicone Bronze wire for my MIG.
Anyone use it for for auto sheet metal work? I heard that fillers don't adhere well.
I like to use it for lower temps and easier to grind.
3 231 Read More
04/24/24 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by VCODE
Just wondering if you would get your Mopar 340-6 pack rocker arms and shafts repaired, Is Rocker Arm Unlimited the only game in town?
Bob

As far as I know they are the only one doing it . You can buy new hardened shafts so all you need is to fix the rocker arms . what is wrong with them ?

They are not that bad, very dirty and the end plugs need to come off and cleaned inside. Some scratches on the bottom side of the shafts .Maybe can be polished out.
I got shafts from who I think you told me about. Very nice but the holes are 3/8 instead of 5/16 good banana grooves but missing the two side oil holes.
Rocker Arms seem to be ok. Rocker Arm Unlimited likes too do a complete redo with chrome and not sure about getting chrome on them.
Thanks Bob
2 189 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/24/24 02:00 PM
I have this....

Scott Smith
Personal Restoration Parts

9807 E. Broadway Ave. Spokane Valley, WA 99206
509-922-9115 – Scott@Harmsauto.com
10 643 Read More
04/24/24 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by migsBIG
So I lucked out this past weekend when I went to the Spring Fling CPW show and while buying a pile of housing for a friend, I seen someone had a Dana 60 for sale. I asked him what was up with it. Was told it was set up for a race car, 1971 b-body perches, spool with 4:56, moser axles and 10in brakes. After forking over $1000 for it, I needed to convert it to a suregrip for street/strip use and plan to use 3:23/3:55 ratio ring and pinion. Was just going to order everything from Cass (Dr Diff) and have a local shop do the work. I am tempted to use the helicoil sure grip he offers, but am open to suggestions. As of now, do not know if it has 30 or 35 spline axles? What WILL NEED REPLACING?

Since you want to do a gear change , no 3.23 for the dana 60 , 3.54 is the lowest you will find NEW in the aftermarket ... Spool , gears and bearings , out with the old , in with the new . as long as the helical unit is from Cass and not an eaton true, track , the one I used in a friends 8.8 was put together wrong by eaton and chewed it self up in 15k miles.

Danas are either 35 spline or 23 spline , if that is a 71 and has stock axles , scary wit ha spool and 4.56's , it would be 35 spline. I'm unsure if the aftermarket spools are 30 spline for the dana 60 , pull an axle and find out what you have.
3 316 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/24/24 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by MI_Custumz
I plan on testing with test light and multi meter with the wires on and off. The negative battery is on the alternator bracket and inner fender and are in good shape. Heading to work and will have to get to it this afternoon I hope.

testing WITH the wire on the solenoid will put the "load" on the circuit and cause the intermittent current drop which your bypass circuit is going around. A ground issue is also a possibility especially if it is able to supply just enough current to compensate for the bad ground. But I'm thinking more on the + side
Do keep us posted beer

I tried to find the ignition wire from the starter to the firewall. Yeah, that's going to be a PITA to follow as it's in some wrapped bundle of wires. I am thinking it's on the + side as well since the jumper wire from the fuse box to the starter works every time. I almost considered taking the jumper wire from the fuse box and taking the end going to the starter and putting that on the NSS and leaving the ignition from the column on the NSS as well. Basically using the wire that works and disconnecting the NSS to solenoid factory wire. The only thing that concerns me on that is the connector on the NSS is two wire connectors side by side in a plastic end that slips onto the two tabs (1 connector with two wires in it, trying to explain it easier). Unlike the reverse that is two wires with two separate connectors. I could find a connector that will go on the NSS and snip the factory wires and do it that way, but not a fan of that. What are your opinions on that? I think it would tell me for sure if the NSS to solenoid factory wire is bad.
25 995 Read More
04/24/24 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by dvw
Kevin at IJ crank scrapers has a fix for the cracked screen, He was gracious enough to text back and forth on Sunday afternoon. Later sending me a conformation # and shipping the supplies at N/C. Great service. Ordered one pair of lifters from Isky as I wasn't sure I could send mine back for repair and get them by next weekend. Cleaned up the cam and installed it in a spare 440 block. Modified the degree wheel to bolt to the cam. Set up the dial indicator and mapped the cam out to make sure it was what the numbers on the cam said were correct. A little mind game figuring out the cam with no crank installed for TDC. Along with the fact that all the numbers were reduced by 2. I started by finding the int C/L and working backwards. It all looks good. The int lobe base circle is .030" smaller, exhaust .015" smaller. At the last build every spring was checked for coil bind. For some reason the springs with the greatest coil bind height are all on the intakes. So I'll move them around at the .024 extra lift gets it a little close. Tetsing next wednesday. Racing next weekend.
Doug
It would be great if you can deburr/detail then paint the mock-up block. apimp
14 1,504 Read More
04/24/24 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by fullonmopar
I think the early ones up to 64 were 1820654 and small pinion

Yes , the one pictured above is definitely a 489 , they are the only one with the large cast 9
10 525 Read More
04/24/24 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by VCODE
Just wondering if you would get your Mopar 340-6 pack rocker arms and shafts repaired, Is Rocker Arm Unlimited the only game in town?
Bob

As far as I know they are the only one doing it . You can buy new hardened shafts so all you need is to fix the rocker arms . what is wrong with them ?
2 189 Read More
04/24/24 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by 2002bluert
Hello is there any one making novelty fender tags. Ive seen a few but cant seem to find a source for one. I have a good fender tag just looking for something funny to put on for car shows. Thanks

A guy named Mike Coffey on FB has an ad .
4 340 Read More
04/24/24 01:15 PM
Uncle Tony on SpeedMaster and the Chinese invasion:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPQHbnh0Hr0

I agree with much of what he has to say on this subject, but I certainly DO NOT agree with his 'fix' at the end. Do you?
49 4,522 Read More
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12