Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/24/24 12:05 AM
I bet it runs really well with high octane fuel.

I don't think an addirional .040" in head gasket thickness will be enough, IMO.

I'm at 1,000 ft., have 10.8:1 CR, it blows 195 psi on the gauge, have quench, a much lated intake closing point that you, run 93 octane, and I'm on the edge of detonation. It will ping with some winter grade 93 octane.

On another motor, I've played with fuel, timing, plugs, temperature, to eliminat detonation, and if you are close to beging with, you might be abe to get there. You're not close, IMO.

Good luck
20 1,556 Read More
Moparts Engines
04/23/24 11:59 PM
For sale - 516 heads that have been in my basement work room for a 5+ years - they came (just as you see in the pics) along with an engine block I purchased that I needed for a resto. - looks like a rebuild/refresh was done.

Rather not ship - I'm in MD - happy to travel a few hours to meet.

$200 - shoot me a PM

Just re - joined Moparts - Hi All..
40 4,442 Read More
04/23/24 11:56 PM
Drag racing worlds apart in Australia. There is no way you could earn a living Drag Racing over here, "profesional" teams don't exist.
5 419 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/23/24 11:55 PM
Just wondering if you would get your Mopar 340-6 pack rocker arms and shafts repaired, Is Rocker Arm Unlimited the only game in town?
Bob
0 108 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/23/24 11:26 PM
cool Thanks! thumbs
13 689 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/23/24 11:05 PM
I've been trying to find a phone number, but that is no where to be found.
4 295 Read More
04/23/24 10:23 PM
4 295 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
04/23/24 10:21 PM
Some of the newer trucks have a power running board.
My daughter in laws Yukon did.
At one time I had a power step for an RV (was an aftermarket setup) that I think was more than just "in"or "out", I believe that you could stand on it and hit the button and have it raise you up while standing on it but before I could do anything with it my son threw it out
11 344 Read More
04/23/24 10:16 PM
I think you mean Scott Smith at Harms Automotive in Spokane, WA ?
Easy to find online or at Mopar Classifieds on FB.
4 295 Read More
04/23/24 10:12 PM
I want to keep my original rims that are with my car. They are road wheels , similar to the magnum 500"s but steel. Im gonna have them powder coated. My question is the center caps are missing. So im looking to possibly replace them with out have to purchase aftermarket caps. Just to have them chrome stripped so they can be powder coated. Look like the center caps are 2 1/4 , has anyone come down this road before? Would appreciate any input. Thank you in advance
1 151 Read More
04/23/24 09:59 PM
drive Whoops , Yup I reversed My measurements . No Biggie . wave Saying HI to Cab , Cab But A-Body Springs did NOT do the 6 springs on 1 side , and 7 Springs on the other side . That is a B-Body Leaf Spring thing mostly , drive So What are Your Spring Measurements , and WHY do You have 8 Leaf Springs ? We NEED Spring Measurements to help HELP You ! bump
8 476 Read More
04/23/24 09:52 PM
Anybody know how to get ahold of Scott Harm? I can't find a phone number anywhere.
4 295 Read More
04/23/24 09:50 PM
If I were buying new I would look at FireAde system that will self deploy, similar to a sprinkler system. They have many options but here is one..

https://magsfabworx.com/products/10...ogy-sfi-17-1-cert-with-standard-brackets
4 300 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/23/24 09:50 PM
Got home from work and put it up on jack stands to see what the test light and multi meter do at the starter. I was going to test the voltage after the NSS since I know it has power going to it. Darn thing started with the key on the first try. Was hoping for a no start so I didn't have to disconnect the starter solenoid wires. Took that as a sign and am calling it quits for the day. The switch was tested again for continuity and under 1 ohm is the best I could get. Tight spaces to work in. Got a good test in park and neutral and bad test in the other gears.
23 910 Read More
04/23/24 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by topside
Probably no better way to redistribute income to the population than racing.

Many years ago, a couple buddies & I were riding around on borrowed pit bikes on the ring road above Sears Point.
Looking down at the pits, it occurred to me that there was quite the support-rig competition going on.
Even the Sportsman racers seemed to have twice the money spent on the support stuff - motorhomes, toters, stackers, pit vehicles - than on the race car.
By the same token, if you're on the road a lot, it can make sense.

watching from over here at sportsman and money events doesnt look like many racers are doing it too tough . Again plenty of toters , m/homes big trailers and new trucks hauling them .
Different scene to here . Where you are a baller with a new Ram/Chev and emclosed trailer , most are still a ute and open trailer . And our payouts would make you cry into your drink of choice . grin

Tex
5 419 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/23/24 09:22 PM
Dart4forte that is a wonderful looking engine.
6 415 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/23/24 09:05 PM
You have been screwing around with this for 2 weeks. How long are you going to let them screw you around?

Look up and call your State Insurance Commissioner. File a complaint against the insurance company and get the problem resolved.
27 1,709 Read More
Sandy's Truck Shop
04/23/24 08:48 PM
I have Amp Research electric steps on my 2500. I believe they make a model that drops lower than the standard steps.
11 344 Read More
04/23/24 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Cuda340
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
To get the stronger steel shifting forks?

Cut the nubs off and use them in with the ball and detent side cover.

Exactly that's what I have done before , now Brewer and Passon offer steel forks without the nubs.
15 937 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/23/24 08:16 PM
I will wait and see what happens Jim. Just found out the wife is going in for surgery on 28 May... shruggy
3 177 Read More
04/23/24 08:05 PM
yes he has reverse .he sez that even if the kd linkage isnt adjusted correctly it should still shift into high gear sometime.he sez its a mopar converter and he has installed it in 2 different trannies and neither will shift into high gear .i will post part # on converter soon.
2 130 Read More
Moparts A Body
04/23/24 07:56 PM
1968 Dart GTS Door Panel Emblem
Used, all 3 mounting prongs are intact.
...$100. Shipped in USA
Payment is USPS money order or Cash on pickup.
PM me worldwide.
Email me pursuitison@live.com
33 3,561 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/23/24 07:39 PM
I thought about sealing my garage floor once. That thought came and has passed years ago. These days, I just don't care, and it doesn't seem to bother either my car nor my truck. (If it does, neither has said anything. grin).
9 490 Read More
Corners Are Best - Handling Tech
04/23/24 07:22 PM
The Camaro SS 1LE has (had, no longer made) an electric rear diff purposely for road racing. It would switch to open when turning and snap back to posi when acceleratingout of the corner
20 2,920 Read More
04/23/24 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Originally Posted by 71Demon528
How did you manage to kill a sprag with a LBA?

Think of LBA as insurance, not prevention.

I certainly agree, anything can break especially in a race environment. The LBA is definitely insurance. I was just curious as to how it managed to take out a sprag with the LBA. I have never heard of one doing that so I was curious is all.
49 3,879 Read More
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11