Reged: Jun 13 2008
Loc: Oakdale CT
Re: Classic Industries Free Shipping [Re: GibW340]
      #7688989 - Tue Apr 30 2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Free shipping (over $200) until Feb 14

"VDX13"

Couldn't get link to work in"hot Deals..." so I thought I could post here

Any new promo codes? Just went to place an order for a handful of items and shipping was over $50! Nothing but decals, a gas cap and some small badges.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
HUSTLESTUFF
super gas

Reged: Jan 21 2003
Loc: NORTHERN CA
Re: Classic Industries Free Shipping [Re: gdonovan]
      #7690490 - Wed May 01 2013 05:31 PM

I just had a 3lb package of smalls for $19.95 shipping. In Northern Cal took 4 days. Wish more places were like Summit with only handling charge if $12 or so

gdonovan
Special 'K' in the haws!

Re: Classic Industries Free Shipping [Re: HUSTLESTUFF]
      #7693453 - Sat May 04 2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

I just had a 3lb package of smalls for $19.95 shipping. In Northern Cal took 4 days. Wish more places were like Summit with only handling charge if $12 or so

Guy I was placing the order with ended up ordering from Dales or Ebay, I can wait for what I need till there is another shipping discount.

mothermopar

Reged: Apr 25 2013
Loc: SoCal
      #7700090 - Fri May 10 2013 02:07 AM

Can't create a new post so figured I would drop this off here.

Take up to 20% off* your order using discount code MXD13 at checkout.
Hurry, offer ends May 14th, 2013 at midnight PST. Use code MXD13 when asked during checkout

gdonovan
Special 'K' in the haws!

Re: Classic Industries Free Shipping [Re: mothermopar]
      #7701317 - Sat May 11 2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Hurry, offer ends May 14th, 2013 at midnight PST. Use code MXD13 when asked during checkout

Much obliged, I just might pickup the wheel well trim set I have had an eye on for some time..

CompSyn
super stock

Reged: Apr 24 2008
Loc: Pacific NW USA
Re: Classic Industries Free Shipping [Re: mothermopar]
      #7705270 - Mon May 13 2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

It was the perfect opportunity to pick up some Rust Prevention Magic (RPM). The 20% discount almost covered shipping cost.

--------------------
"All oils perform the same duties, but some perform them better than others. What factors do you consider when choosing a motor oil?" - Mopar Muscle Magazine - LINK

gdonovan
Special 'K' in the haws!

Re: Classic Industries Free Shipping [Re: HUSTLESTUFF]
      #7706526 - Wed May 15 2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

They charged me $39.95 + $3.50 for a 5.9 pound package. Using the UPS calculator (no discount for business or volume) I came up with $22

I have e-mailed inquiring why the shipping is what it is, I was never contacted by sales with a final number as they indicate they will do when the order is placed.

Gouging on shipping is a peeve of mine, I don't mind someone making a few bucks on the S&H but double is a bit much.

scatpacktom
super gas

Reged: Jan 26 2003
Loc: Phila Pa
      #7706574 - Wed May 15 2013 06:49 AM

I noticed the same thing, I bought a tach and some rpm and the shipping was like 39 bucks

--------------------
F.A.S.T T/A Challenger 340 six pack 4sp 11.48 at 123 on G60 15s
F.A.S.T 71 Super Bee 440 six pack 4sp 11.49 at 122.99 on G70 14s
Pure Stock 70 Duster 340 4 sp 13.20 at 105.30 on F70 14s

gdonovan
Special 'K' in the haws!

Re: Classic Industries Free Shipping [Re: scatpacktom]
      #7707052 - Wed May 15 2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

I noticed the same thing, I bought a tach and some rpm and the shipping was like 39 bucks

I suspect this will be my one and only order to CI, here is the reply.

"The shipping cost is based on the total amount of the parts, the shipping location and the overall weight and dimensions of the shipping boxes involved. The parts total for your order was $387.91. Although, you used a 20% discount code that brought the parts cost down to $310.33. The shipping cost is based on the parts total before the discount is applied. The shipping cost for this order to your location is $39.95. You were billed the correct shipping cost. Please let us know if you need further assistance."

I then politely replied that before contacting them I checked shipping via UPS.com (5.9 pound package to 06370) and with no discounts for volume or business the shipping and insurance (which is ignored in the e-mail reply) came to $22. Please explain the discrepancy.

I stopped using Yearone for over a decade till their shipping got a bit more reasonable, I have no problem avoiding Classic Industries till they sharpen up.

CompSyn
super stock

Reged: Apr 24 2008
Loc: Pacific NW USA
      #7707110 - Wed May 15 2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I suspect this will be my one and only order to CI, here is the reply.

"The shipping cost is based on the total amount of the parts, the shipping location and the overall weight and dimensions of the shipping boxes involved. The parts total for your order was $387.91. Although, you used a 20% discount code that brought the parts cost down to $310.33. The shipping cost is based on the parts total before the discount is applied. The shipping cost for this order to your location is $39.95. You were billed the correct shipping cost. Please let us know if you need further assistance."

I then politely replied that before contacting them I checked shipping via UPS.com (5.9 pound package to 06370) and with no discounts for volume or business the shipping and insurance (which is ignored in the e-mail reply) came to $22. Please explain the discrepancy.

I stopped using Yearone for over a decade till their shipping got a bit more reasonable, I have no problem avoiding Classic Industries till they sharpen up.

The 8oz. jar of RPM I bought cost me $9.95 for shipping. I guess that could be high considering some companies are using UPS Mail Innovations or just straight USPS to bring shipping cost down. Realistically, that same jar could have probably been put in a zip lock bag and shipped in a padded envelope for under $4 bucks. At least that would be consistent with what I've paid for other small items I've received lately.

Also, by contrast, I get 24 pound cases of oil shipped to me from Amsoil via UPS Ground and it only costs me $11.28. So $39.95 for a 5.9 pound package is quite a stretch indeed.

--------------------
"All oils perform the same duties, but some perform them better than others. What factors do you consider when choosing a motor oil?" - Mopar Muscle Magazine - LINK

mothermopar

Re: Classic Industries Free Shipping [Re: CompSyn]
      #7708544 - Thu May 16 2013 08:17 PM

This Saturday, May 18th is Armed Forces Day. Classic Industries would like to take this opportunity to show our gratitude to the brave men and women of the United States Armed Forces for protecting our lives, liberties, and our country. In keeping with our tradition of honoring the armed forces, we're offering up to 20% off* until May 21st at midnight.

*Some restrictions apply. Please check www.classicindustries.com for current pricing.

Hurry, offer ends May 21st, 2013 at midnight PST.
Use code AFD13 when asked during checkout.

gdonovan
Special 'K' in the haws!

Re: Classic Industries Free Shipping [Re: CompSyn]
      #7714856 - Wed May 22 2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

The 8oz. jar of RPM I bought cost me $9.95 for shipping. I guess that could be high considering some companies are using UPS Mail Innovations or just straight USPS to bring shipping cost down. Realistically, that same jar could have probably been put in a zip lock bag and shipped in a padded envelope for under $4 bucks. At least that would be consistent with what I've paid for other small items I've received lately.

Also, by contrast, I get 24 pound cases of oil shipped to me from Amsoil via UPS Ground and it only costs me $11.28. So $39.95 for a 5.9 pound package is quite a stretch indeed.

Just a follow up as the package came in- It was packaged rather nice and the Dart hood trim looks superb. The listing for the door switches is wrong though (catalog lists SW101 as for a 70 b-body) which is wrong as the thread size is incorrect. The handful of other items look fine.

mothermopar

#7763413 - Tue Jul 02 2013 07:40 PM

Light the fireworks and light up the tires! This 4th of July, Classic Industries has the parts to help you celebrate your automotive freedoms and keep you on the road this summer. Take up to 20% off* your order with our Independence Day offer!

*Some restrictions apply. Please check www.classicindustries.com for current pricing.

Hurry, offer ends July 5th, 2013 at midnight PST.
Use code TNT13 when asked during checkout

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  SanityLost, tboomer, LTDan, Al_Alguire, Hotwheelsjr, 70Cuda383, not_a_charger, Eric 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1907

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Info | Privacy statement main index